In Mount Laurel, New Jersey a taxpayer asked an IRS question when it came to their back tax debt.
Question: The IRS is hounding me for $67,263 and will not leave me alone, so I have finally decided to seek help from a Tax Resolution Professional who specializes in IRS problems. I want to start getting my paperwork together for the appointment. What will I need to bring with me?
Answer: It is very important to have certain documentation with you for the initial interview with your tax resolution professional. Your tax resolution professional will need this information to protect your income and assets and to determine the best path in forwarding to resolve your back tax issues once and for all.
The documents to bring include:
- The most recent IRS and or State tax notices you have been receiving or received.
- The last filed income form 1040 tax return, if you have one.
- A monthly household cash flow budget. (your current income and expenses)
- A recent paystub with year to date information including withholdings and other payroll deductions.
- If you are self-employed, an independent contractor, or small business owner, prepare a "rough draft" current income and expense statement. If this is not possible, just bring your schedule C from your most recently filed form 1040 if you have one.
- A list of any quarterly estimated tax payments made, if any for the current year.
The information above will help in determining which IRS debt settlement program is best suited for you, including settling with the IRS for less than what you owe, if you qualify.
At OnPoint Resolution, we have experts who can navigate the IRS maze and will customize a tax resolution plan to fit your individual needs to help you permanently solve your IRS problems, for example payment plan, offer in compromise, OIC or currently not collectable, CNC. Call us today at 973.840.7350 for a free confidential consultation.
309 Fellowship Road, suite 200
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054