Becoming a personal representative for a deceased person can be an overwhelming and unexpected experience. The probate process can be complicated, and getting the home sold quickly and smoothly is always the goal. Just follow these 5 steps and you’re golden!
1. Determine whether the property needs to go through probate or not. Unless the property is held as husband and wife, in joint tenancy, tenancy by the entireties, or is properly set up in a living trust, the property likely needs to go through the Florida probate process. Need an attorney reference? Contact me!
2. Get in touch with a Jacksonville Realtor with experience handling probate properties. Your Realtor will be able to tell you what the home would sell for, and when to get it listed. You may choose to wait until probate is complete, or move forward with listing the home prior. Your real estate agent will also be able to advise you on how to prep the property, and provide vendor references to help. If you are out of state, these services can also be managed on your behalf.
3. Get the home prepped and listed on the open market! The key to a quick sale is the right presentation, coupled with the right price and the right marketing.
4. Secure a buyer! Once the home is under contract, the buyer will have inspections and wrap up their mortgage processing. Your Jacksonville Probate Realtor will work with your probate attorney to tie up any loose ends to prepare title to transfer to the buyer.
5. Close! You can usually close within 30-45 days of securing a buyer, unless there are unexpected delays (which can be common in probate sales), and the heirs will then collect their proceeds.
Need help with your Jacksonville, FL Probate house sale? We'll get you from here to closed with ease! CONTACT US TODAY!