Baltimore City Employee Homeownership Program
Do you work for the City of Baltimore or one of its agencies? You could qualify for $5000 towards purchasing a home in Baltimore City.
With the changing real estate market programs like these have become more acceptable to take advantage of while purchasing your home. There are over 225 neighborhoods in Baltimore City to choose from and they do truly offer something for everyone.
If you qualify, you can use this grant in conjunction with one of the many other down payment assistance programs available for home buyers in Baltimore City.
To get started you will need to complete homeownership counseling from an accredited agency and complete a program application. You will also need to work with a loan officer with a financial institution that allows these types of programs, let me refer you to one.
- you must earn a homeownership counseling certificate before making an offer on your home.
- you must contribute at least $1000 of your own money to your home purchase and this can be in the way of your appraisal fee and home inspection fee
- you must live in this home as your primary residence
- our mortgage amount cannot exceed the current FHA mortgage limit of $517,500
- Fixed-rate mortgages only. Co-signers, cash sales, and owner financing are not permitted.
- No household income restrictions
- Not limited to first-time homebuyers.
This is one of the only downpayment assistance programs that does not require the buyer to be a first-time homebuyer.
I have sold hundreds of homes in Baltimore City and I am familiar with the downpayment programs. Let me help you with your home purchase.