The ActiveRain Members Guide to Blogging Success
~ Do's and Don'ts ~
Brian England and I are co-hosting the December 2022, and we want to know - are you ready to share your opinions and knowledge?
Of course you are. That’s never been a problem in our community as long as I’ve been a member.
And it’s even better when you can earn bonus points for sharing what you think and know, help others, plus gain some recognition!
We had a wonderful Challenge in October where AR members were asked to share their blogging success stories. What a terrific collection of successes from blogging! Thank you Carol Williams , Aura Alex and Leanne Smith for co-hosting and for the inspiration, and to everyone who shared their blogging success stories.
But some of you may wonder, especially if you are new to blogging or don’t post very often…how can I achieve these successes, or similar ones, from my blogging? Keep in mind that blogging success can be defined in many different ways, as the October Challenge revealed so clearly. So a couple of questions to ponder…
What can I do to improve my blogging and results?
What things should I avoid doing?
That’s the crux of the December Challenge, our last one for 2022.
And who better to ask for blogging guidance and advice than passionate ActiveRain Members who know so much and share so willingly?! And who have been successful with their blogging.
So...are you ready to share, and earn some bonus points? And help some bloggers who perhaps could improve their posts, or who may be new to the blogging world?
Think of all you have learned in your blogging over the years, perhaps some mistakes you’ve made, AND the things you believe you did well with your posts that led to success.
And of course think about YOUR passion for blogging.
Here are the instructions (while guidelines may be tedious, every Challenge has them).
There are 2 options – please pick 1! Bonus points will be awarded for EITHER Option 1 OR Option 2 but not both!
OPTION 1 – 1 POST (1000 bonus points):
- Write a single post of at least 250 words
- Please share 1 blogging tip THAT CAN LEAD TO SUCCESS (however you define it), i.e., something you should be doing in your blogging, AND 1 tip about WHAT NOT TO DO (e.g., stuff you don’t like to see, things that detract from a post, or that violate the community guidelines). Feel free to share more than 2 tips, if you wish…or consider Option 2 instead!
- Be specific with your advice and use examples where it makes sense.
- Include 1 photo or graphic, or an original video if you are inspired.
- Please include a Feature Photo, too!
- Provide a working link to your post in the comment section below.
OPTION 2 – 2 POSTS (1000 bonus points each for a total of 2000 points):
- Write 2 posts of at least 250 words each
- One post must include at least 2 Blogging Tips about the things you can and should be doing to be successful with your blogging.
- The 2nd post must include at least 2 tips about WHAT NOT TO DO (e.g., things readers won’t find appealing, that violate the community guidelines, or that you personally, and probably others, view as Blogging No No’s).
- Be specific about your advice and use examples where it helps.
- Please provide at least 1 photo or graphic, or an original video if you are inspired, for EACH post.
- Please include a Feature Photo for each, too!
- Share a working link to both posts in 1 comment in the comment section below.
The Challenge begins today, December 1, and ends at 11:59 PST on December 31st (New Year’s Eve!). Please post your comment(s) and link(s) by that time, too…and probably before you start celebrating the New Year 2023!
Bonus points will be awarded in early January 2023.
As an AR member we know you are passionate about blogging, and even if you are relatively new as a blogger you likely have some thoughts about the DO’s and DON’T’s of blogging that can lead to success. Remember - success in blogging can mean all sorts of things.
Let’s hear YOUR best tips to help others improve their blogging and achieve success!