This Thai-Inspired Meatball Soup is flavor-packed and easy to make. A rich, umami-filled broth filled with perfectly flavored meatballs.
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1-1/2 pounds of ground chicken
1/4 cup sesame oil
3 cups chicken broth
1 can (13.66 ounces) of coconut milk
1-1/2 cups julienned carrots
2 cups torn fresh kale
4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
1 tablespoon brown sugar
Lime wedges, optional
1. In a large bowl, combine cilantro, coconut, 4-1/2 teaspoons teriyaki sauce, salt, and ginger.
2. Add chicken; mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
3. In a Dutch oven, brown meatballs in batches in sesame oil over medium-high heat; remove and keep warm.
4. Drain any excess oil from the pan. Add broth to pan; cook 1 minute, stirring to loosen browned bits from pan.
5. Return all meatballs to the pan. Add coconut milk, carrots, and the remaining 4-1/2 teaspoons of teriyaki sauce; bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat; simmer, covered until meatballs are cooked through, 5-7 minutes. Stir in kale, lime juice, and brown sugar.
7. Cook until kale just begins to wilt, about 5 minutes longer. Serve with additional chopped cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.