Aside from successfully selling your home, your number one priority as the seller should always be to get the best price possible. No matter how big or small your property is, there are plenty of ways to maximize what you have to get high offers rolling in.
Here are 35 ways you can get top dollar from your home.
- Detach your emotions from the sale.
Because sometimes we hold back if we’re too attached to the home.
- Avoid making renovations that will t affect the market value of your home.
Don’t make last-minute upgrades that are noticeable and potentially damaging.
- Make your home stand out in cleanliness and neatness.
An open and clutter-free space is attractive.
- Show off the space.
Take pictures of the areas that bring out the best in the home.
- Stage each room according to how you have advertised them.
This should attract more potential buyers. Families will be especially interested if your house has a room in use as a children’s playroom.
- Emphasize all the storage space available.
Clear out some rooms to showcase space as a feature.
- Know what features of your house are most marketable.
This will help you create an eye-catching listing wherever you’re promoting the sale.
- Price your home wisely and reasonably.
Don’t over or undersell.
- Explore a compatible strategy for the aesthetic of your home.
Find your target audience and market your home how they will like to see it.
- Consult a real estate agent.
Professionals are always the best bet when you’re selling property.
- Make the house a home to fall in love with.
Everyone will want to buy a home that’s appealing and attractive.
- Bring in natural lighting for showings and pictures.
Natural light can make a space so much more appealing.
- Gauge various price points.
Look at similar homes for sale in your area and go from there.
- What does your house have that others don’t?
Be proud of the unique and functional features your house has to offer.
- Invest in a pre-inspection.
This saves you money, time, and effort instead of checking everything by yourself.
- What improvements must be done to raise the market value?
Explore every possible aspect. Consider updating the flooring, renovating the kitchen or bathrooms, or repainting rooms in neutral colors.
- Do extensive research.
Learn all you can about how to market and make a house more attractive to buyers.
- Make the home attractive inside and outside.
Yes, the interiors of the house should be made appealing, but don’t overlook the exterior either. Make sure the roof, decks, and landscaping all look attractive as well.
- Neat and beautiful scenery and landscapes are sought after by buyers.
If you can, invest in improved landscaping.
- Fix all things that need to be repaired.
For some buyers, even the tiniest broken thing can set them off.
- Make the house smell fresh and clean.
Do you think your home has a fresh scent? A nice-smelling house attracts more interest.
- Include a virtual video tour showcasing the house and its features and highlights.
At times, pictures just don’t do enough justice.
- Don’t be present during showings.
This can make buyers view you as desperate to sell.
- Report and be transparent about any issues and defects.
Hiding issues and defects may only lead to worse scenarios.
- A good kitchen is a well-maintained kitchen.
Keep it clean, fresh, and always smelling great.
- Listen to the feedback.
Listen to your agent’s advice and any feedback buyers may have.
- Choose the best agent for your situation.
- Figure out if it’s the most ideal time to sell.
Should you be selling right now or is the market not suitable yet?
- Try to make it so your home follows current trends to attract people.
It might not be the best choice for everyone, but for more modern homes, this can make all the difference.
- Include additional details in the listing about the environment and surroundings of the home.
The insides of the house are important, but also mention things like the presence of mature trees, quiet streets or nearby water features.
- Talk about the neighborhood.
Have a great and inclusive neighborhood? Include it in the listing description!
- Spread the word to all platforms possible.
Use various real estate platforms online and mention them to all your friends as well.
- Create a good digital footprint.
Similar to how people should be careful of their digital footprint, ensure your house has one too. It makes a big difference.
- Be a smart decision-maker.
Being emotional comes in the package when you’re selling a house, but you should still be rational and analytical.
- Be open and be flexible.
Don’t be offended by a low offer or by negotiations, instead, work towards a compromise that benefits both parties.