As a seasoned Northern Virginia Realtor (hitting 2 decades), many of my mentees have come and gone in the real estate industry.
One of the common questions many of these mentees have asked me "How do I get that listing or buyers and have instead pipeline of the business? I am pumped up and ready to sell like HGTV. "
As we all know Rome was not built in one day and so will be your business.
I was a rookie once and was the envy of my peers who were successful. It sounded so glamorous seeing their volume of business and sales. So, I understand these sentiments my rookie mentees have. It is tough to be empty and waiting on that call or sales to happen.
Over the decades in the real estate industry, I have learned:
We live in a world of glitter and glamor. And sales are like a Vegas buffet.
We have so many choices. So how do we as seasoned agents navigate? You have already heard and have been advised to create your own niche but how?
Here is a secret! Pick your 5 pillars and keep it simple!
1. Personal touch- What are you doing to keep a human-to-human touch? It could be pop-bys or lunch with a past client. Networking with our trade partners. Be human and connect!
2. Futuristic Marketing- While it may sound sci-fi but what are you doing to be relevant in the fast pace of Facebook, Tik-Tok, or the Instagram world? We live in 2 worlds virtual and real. How are you connecting in the VR world?
3. Sharing your Wealth- Not the monetary wealth. I am referring to knowledge! Like blogging on activerain or creating a Youtube video and sharing local knowledge.
4. Giving Back- While everything else may scream ME, ME, and ME this is one of the strongest pillars that holds everything together in life. What are you passionate about? Connect with your tribe. Go give back by volunteering or supporting a cause that makes your heart bleed!
5. Mindset- We don’t really know what the future holds. Your mindset will set the path to your success or failure. Be more intentional about who you allow in your space. Don't let energy-sucking vampires take over your life! Wish I had learned this early on. Surround yourself with the people who will lift you rather than pull it down. Go attend that sales meeting, meet a successful Realtor in the area, educated yourself, or support a fellow agent who needs help.
After all, remember
“People don’t buy what you do, they buy why you do it.” Simon Sinek
If you have not already participated or want to hear the insider tips? Soak up at the January 2023 Challenge: Sharing Your Marketing Tips For Real Estate Business hosted by Aura Alex and Anna Banana Kruchten.
Thank you Aura & Anna for the January challenge.