IF YOUR HOME NEEDS ORGANIZING, YOU'RE IN LUCK!
IT'S ORGANIZE YOUR HOME DAY TODAY!
"Keep what is worth keeping, and then with the breath of kindness, blow the rest away.
... Dinah Craik
BY THE WAY, IF YOU'RE THINKING ABOUT SELLING YOUR HOME... ORGANIZING YOUR HOME IS STEP #1 IN GETTING IT READY TO SELL...
Did you know that we don't use 80% of what we "save" around our homes? Organizing an entire home clearly is not something that you can begin and finish in just one day, but getting a head-start on a day dedicated to this task can help you start and keep up the motivation to continue until you've reached your goal.
"There is nothing more calming than an organized home"
"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful."
... William Morris
Today, on Organize Your Home Day, why not start by making an outline of tasks ranked in descending order from those that need immediate attention, and start tackling them. You can focus on a room or an area every week and you'll have an organized home sooner than you might think is possible!
"The best way to get something done is to begin."
If you're planning on selling your Greater Charlotte home this year, tidying up your home is a critical first step in getting your home ready for market. Whether you need more closet space, a dedicated home office, or room to grow, use Organize Your Home Day as your catalyst to getting ready to sell. Reach out to Nina Hollander with Coldwell Banker Realty when you're ready to get started. We can help you organize and stage your home to sell.
"You will never be completely ready. Start from where ever you are."
... C J Hayden
Organize Your Home in a Month in Less Than an Hour a Day
58 Home Organization Projects That Take 10 Minutes or Less
"Imagine yourself living in a space that only contains things that spark joy."
... Marie Kondo
Why Staging Matters When Selling Your Home
Staging your home for selling success means having your home appeal to the greatest number of prospective buyers by highlighting your home's strengths and downplaying its weaknesses. Staging matters when you're selling your home.
And the good news is that staging your home does not need to cost a lot of money. Taking the time to stage will reduce the amount of time your home is on the market and more than likely sell for a higher amount.... lots of return for the investment of time and minimal dollars.
"For every minute spent organizing, an hour is earned."
... Benjamin Franklin
Staging Tips For Success
In addition to the staging tips in the infographic below, which covers staging tips we've all heard many times and includes depersonalizing your home, freeing up closet space, neutralizing with paint, don't forget to:
- Declutter and remove furniture to make rooms feel more spacious.
- Enhance the lighting in your home and swap out the low wattage bulbs for higher wattage. Let the light in and open curtains/drapes/blinds.
- Think symmetry when placing lamps, artwork, accessories.
- Don't forget your pantry... clean it up, "stage" the items on the shelves.
- Put trash cans and cleaning supplies out of sight.
- Neutralize the owner's suite... make it gender neutral and use soothing colors.
- Clean, clean, clean... kitchens, bathrooms, floors, windows. Use professional cleaners for carpets. Everything should sparkle. For a checklist to deep clean your home, click here.
- Stage your front porch and your patio. Freshen up the front porch and front door with paint if needed; pressure wash.
- Clean up your mailbox... often it's the first thing prospective buyers see. Replace it if necessary.
Freshen up your front door and make sure doorbells and locks look fresh and actually work. Paint your front door if necessary. According to research by Zillow, homes with a black front door could sell for an estimated $6,449 more than similar homes with other front door colors.
- If you have pets, remove litter boxes from view, eliminate odors, put away food dishes, remove furniture that's been damaged by pets.
- Don't forget your garage. If you use it for storage, make it neat and not looking as if it's taking over all the parking space.
Infographic: Staging Your Home For Selling Success
6 Staging Mistakes To Avoid
Keep in mind, however, there are mistakes home owners can make when staging their homes. For a list of 6 staging mistakes that can sabotage your home sale click here.
These tips for staging your home for success are provided by Nina Hollander and Carolinas Realty Partners with Coldwell Banker Realty, Greater Charlotte residential real estate experts. Want more staging tips and advice? Contact us. We've been providing our clients staging assistance and advice for 22+ years.
FIND OUT WHAT YOUR GREATER CHARLOTTE REGION HOME MAY BE WORTH IN TODAY'S MARKET
If you're planning on selling a home in the Charlotte region, I'd love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and to show you why experience matters and how:
"The Right Broker Makes All The Difference."
Subscribe to CommentsComment