A colorful, festive salmon dish makes an impressive addition to your holiday table—and it is as delicious as it is beautiful.
1 small red onion, thinly sliced
1 skinned salmon fillet (about 2 pounds)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 medium navel orange, thinly sliced
1 cup pomegranate seeds
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon minced fresh dill
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Place a 28x18-in. piece of heavy-duty foil in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
2. Place onion slices in a single layer of foil. Top with salmon; sprinkle with salt. Arrange orange slices over top. Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds; drizzle with oil.
3. Top with a second piece of foil. Bring edges of foil together on all sides and crimp to seal, forming a large packet.
4. Bake until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork, 25-30 minutes. Be careful of escaping steam when opening the packet.
5. Remove to a serving platter; sprinkle with dill.
Thank you Phyllis. Glad you like it.