Tomorrow we take the day off and enjoy ourselves. I just read a post and the discussion made me think why the United States is a great country. There was a disagreement on Active Rain of what was right or wrong.
Seeing as tomorrow is July 4th, this is what is great about the United States.
- We can have different opinions
- We can voice those opinions
- And we don't go to jail over it.
There was a talk show host who basically said real estate agents are idiots. That's his right to say that. We may not like it. But we have the right to publish our thoughts.
- that most agents are trying to do the right thing
- that most agents are doing more continuing education and constantly learning about real estate and how to serve our clients better, how to keep them out of court, how to protect their money
- that most of us belong to real estate boards, that have ethical standards and rules we abide by. Those rules and ethical standards help our clients get good service.
I don't believe radio talk hosts have an ethical standards. They are in the business of entertaining. So I take it at that. Shock value. Unfortunately some hosts are bozo's and build on a point that is ridiculous just for ratings.
But this is the United States. Tomorrow and the day after we can disagree with somebody and use our first amendment right to free speech. We can say what we want within reason (without getting sued). This is a great country. A great place to raise a family. A great place to be a Realtor. A place where you have the ability to make your own fortune, your own lifestyle. A place where you don't have to be afraid of voicing what you believe.
MY two cents are:
- Love our country or leave it. If you don't like what is going on, get politically involved and try to change it. If you hate the country so much move to Africa or Central America or anywhere. You don't have to live here.
- Support our troops. Sometimes we don't agree with the wars or with the administration's policies but support the kids that are over there. It could be a neighbor's kid, a relative, or some kid that graduated from the local his school.
- Be proud of our country. Sure we may have not made the best moves all the time. But stand behind the flag, be proud to say you are an American!
Have a great and safe 4th of July with your family and friends. When you look at that flag tomorrow or those fireworks thank God for letting you be born or live here in the USA. God Bless America.