What’s the Value of My Rancho Santa Fe Home?
Rancho Santa Fe Home Sales for December 2022
It’s important that Rancho Santa Fe buyers and sellers have current information about local market conditions so they can make informed decisions about Rancho Santa Fe homes for sale, whether they are buying, selling, or investing.
The Rancho Santa Fe housing market is the most expensive community in San Diego County on average. There are large estates, gated communities, and luxury and equestrian properties on expansive lots often measured in acres. At the time of this report there are 15 properties listed for more than $10,000,000, with 1 estate at $98,500,000 (it’s also listed with a Los Angeles brokerage).
LEARN MORE ABOUT RANCHO SANTA FE:
Rancho Santa Fe - Luxury Home Buyer's Paradise in San Diego
Here is a summary of the Rancho Santa Fe housing market for December 2022 based on data from the MLS (private sales are not included). These data are considered reliable at the time this report was written but are not guaranteed.
- There were 12 single family homes sold in December, compared to 6 in November. There was 1 condo sale versus none last month.
- Sales prices ranged from $800,000 to $11,500,000
- The average sales price of the single family homes was $4,339,987, 10% higher than the average sales price in November.
- The single family homes were on the market for an average of 64 days, with 1 selling in 1 week or less.
- The median sales price for single family homes was $3,982,000, up 4% from last month.
- On average, single family homes sold for 92% of the original list price. 1 sold for asking price, and 1 sold at 128% of original price.
- As of the end of December there were no homes in the Rancho Santa Fe housing market with an Active Under Contract status, versus 1 last month.
At the end of December there were 57 Rancho Santa Fe homes for sale (52 are single family detached homes), ranging in price from $1,125,000 to $98,500,000, a decrease from last month (74). This is a supply of 4.6 months for detached single family homes at the current rate of sales (based on a 3-month period), down from 6.9 months in November. As of this writing there are 5 condo and townhouse listings, a supply of 7.5 months at the current rate of sales if no new listings come on the market.
The high end market continues to shift in Rancho Santa Fe, and is a strong sellers market for single family homes, luxury properties and estates. There is a limited supply of condos and townhomes which is fairly common.
The number of Rancho Santa Fe homes coming on the market in December dropped to 12 from 18 last month. However, the number of homes going pending increased from 7 to 13 (excluding homes that closed escrow in December).
If you would like more detailed information about the Rancho Santa Fe housing market regarding current activity, as well as for particular areas such as Fairbanks Ranch and the Covenant, please reach out to me via call or text at (760) 840-1360.
I am happy to discuss your particular housing needs, lifestyle and budget, and help develop a strategy to buy a new Rancho Santa Fe home.
If you are considering selling your Rancho Santa Fe home let’s discuss your specific plans and timing. I’ll also provide a free market and equity analysis. Then we can create a plan to get your home sold in the time frame that works for you, for the best price, terms, and conditions!
SEARCH RANCHO SANTA FE HOMES FOR SALE
What’s my Rancho Santa Fe Home Worth? Homes for Sale for November 2022
Thanks, AJ Heidmann ~ CRS
RSF has appeared on the Forbes list of most expensive zip codes a number of times.