- December 2022 Scottsdale Homes for Sale and Home Sales -
Welcome to the final month of Scottsdale home sales for 2022! December tends to be a quieter month as many people move into holiday mode. And, this December was no different.
SCOTTSDALE HOME SALES ACTIVITY – DECEMBER 2022
Every month, we look at the four sales metrics below to get a sense of how the market is performing.
- Single-family homes for sale - Orange Line - The number of homes on the market at the end of the month.
- Under contract, but accepting backup offers (UCB) - Gray Line - The number of UCB contracts at the end of the month.*
- Pending home sales - Yellow Line -The number of pending sales at the end of the month.*
- Home Sales - Blue Line - The number of homes that sold over the course of the month.
NOVEMBER 2022 RESULTS
- Scottsdale Homes for Sale: We saw a significant drop in the number of homes for sale in December, putting us at levels we have not seen since June. A factor in this is people taking their homes off the market during the holidays. We see a lot of these homes return to the market in January.
- UCB (Under contract, accepting backup offers): UCBs barely made it past 100 in December. This is the lowest it has been in the past year. Again, the holidays play a part in this number every year.
- Pending Homes Sales in Scottsdale: Pendings also fell to their lowest level in the past year.
- Scottsdale Home Sales: The number of homes that sold came in at 237. As with UCBs and spending, this is the lowest we saw this figure in 2022, but the holidays definitely play a factor.
This next section includes two more things related to Scottsdale home sales:
Percent Change Month Over Month - This chart compares sales performance on a month-over-month basis. For example, the number of active listings was down 18% at the end of December compared to the end of November.
Sales Price to List Price - This is a simple way to check home prices. It compares the average listing price of homes compared to what the homes ended up selling for. In December, homes sold on average at 94.7% of their asking prices. Or, if you are looking at it from a buyer's perspective, buyers saw an average discount of 5.3% off of list prices.
*Figures for active homes for sale, UCB sales and pending sales are based on the numbers at the end of the month.
Curious about your buying power? Click on the link to learn more.
Disclaimer: Data and information were pulled from the Arizona Regional MLS (ARMLS) as of 1/1/2023.