The '5 Why Method' can be a very effective problem-solving tactic to locate a problem's root cause.
You can get to the root of an issue by asking "why" it is happening over and over again. Instead of just dealing with the symptoms of a problem, the goal is to find out what's causing it.
For example, an agent who is having trouble earning enough money, for instance, might ask the following five why questions:
- Why is my income low? - I'm not closing enough deals.
- Why am I not closing enough deals? - Because I'm not getting enough clients.
- Why am I not getting enough clients? - Because I am not effectively marketing.
- Why am I not effectively marketing? - because I lack marketing expertise.
- Why do I lack marketing expertise? - because I've never been taught marketing strategies.
In this example, the lack of proper training and education on marketing strategies is the root cause of not producing enough income.
Now that the ROOT cause has been found, the agent can take steps to fix it, such as going to trainings or workshops, hiring a professional marketing service, or joining local or online real estate agent communities where they can learn and share new marketing strategies.
What problem-solving process's do you use? Share your thoughts and ideas in the comment section below.
same to you Kristin