Lebanon, MO is the county seat of Laclede County in Missouri and is strategically located in the heart of the Ozarks. One of the benefits of living in Laclede or even in Webster County - there is easy access to any place you'd like to go!
Located in the south central part of the state, Lebanon is only 30 miles to Fort Leonard Wood, 40 miles to Lake of the Ozarks, 47 miles to Springfield, 165 miles to St Louis, 90 miles to Branson and 170 miles to Kansas City. If you can't get where you are going via Interstate 44, I-70 is just up the way or find you way on any one of the other major highways crossing through Lebanon.
If you're on your way to Lebanon or if you've already been here, there are a few fun facts you may not know:
1. Lebanon is known as the "aluminum boat capital of the world" with companies such as Lowe, Tracker, G3 and Sundancer having factories here.
2. Bennett Springs State Park, located west of Lebanon's city limits, is the most visited state park in the State of Missouri.
3. Laclede County is in the top 10 in the state for cow/calf pairs, with Missouri ranking second only to Texas in the number of cow/calf pairs sold.
4. The world's largest barrel factory is located in Lebanon, producing more than 50% of the barrels made in the world.
5. Lebanon is the host of The Brumley Sing, known across America as a premier gospel music event.
6. Lebanon, MO was first called Wyota but was renamed Lebanon, after Lebanon, TN - the hometown of a leading citizen.
7. Lebanon is home to the largest Case knife dealer in the world, Shepherd Hills Factory Outlet.
8. Twelve grand champion fox trotters have come from Laclede County.
9. Historic Route 66 made it's way through Lebanon in 1926, with the purpose of carrying apples from growers around Lebanon to the bigger cities, such as Chicago.
10. Lebanon will again be a host city for the "Tour of Missouri" - patterned after the Tour de France. An expected 120 cyclists will push off from Lebanon on Thursday, September 11, 2008, riding out this leg of the race to Rolla, MO
Contact Debbie DiFonzo, Broker, United Country VIP Realty to list your property for sale or to purchase a property in Laclede, Dallas, Webster or Wright Counties in Missouri.
Copyright © 2008 By Debbie DiFonzo, All Rights Reserved. The information provided herein is obtained from multiple sources and is deemed accurate but not guaranteed.