Water, Water, Water...
I get asked this question all the time and I think folks are a little surprised when I answer "Water".
Go outside and look at your roof. Now imagine an inch of rain falls in the next 20 minutes. Where will all that water go? You better hope it falls into the gutter, down the down-pipe, out the 6 foot extension and away, away away. Remember, water will not run uphill. If it puddles in your yard then it will make its way to your foundation. You won't see it, but below the surface it will be applying pressure to your foundation walls. That innocent looking horizontal crack in your tuck-under garage is most likely a bowed wall just crying for support.
Things that make me shake my head...
- Finding down spout extensions in the attic.
- "You can do it. We can help" electrical projects.
- "You can do it. We can help" plumbing projects.
- "You can do it. We can help" decks.
- Furnace filters that look like original equipment.
- Attics with boxes.
- Wood burning anythings.
- Young couples buying old homes.
Take care of your home and it will take care of you.