How Does Indoor Microbial Specialist (IMS) Perform Mold Testing?
The easy part is, believe it or not, determining that there is mold present in the home. The value of the testing lies in the experience of the tester and how thorough they are. All of our mold testing samples are sent to an IAHA accredited laboratory for extensive review analysis. This allows us to determine specific types and levels of contaminants that may be affecting your indoor environment.
IMS mold test involves collecting samples in order to:
- Identify the types of mold present
- Quantify the levels of molds present
The three most common types of samples used in our mold inspection are:
- Surface samples (testing mold growth on surfaces)
- Air samples (testing airborne mold spores)
- Dust samples (mold DNA analysis)
The primary objectives of mold sampling are to:
- Confirm or rule out the probability that mold is originating from suspect condition indoors.
- Assess the potential for property damage caused by mold without invasive procedures.
- Assess the potential negative impact of mold on indoor air quality.
- Benefits Of Testing for Mold
A mold test has several benefits. The benefits are as follows:
- Confirming mold presence
- Locating moisture source(s)
- Assessing and eliminating potential health risks
- Providing evidence for litigation/insurance claims
- Planning a mold remediation
- Validating job completion
Molds produce allergens, which are substances that can cause allergic reactions, as well as irritants and, in some cases, potentially toxic substances known as mycotoxins. Inhaling or touching mold or mold spores may cause allergic reactions in sensitive individuals. Allergic responses include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash (dermatitis). Allergic reactions to mold are common. They can be immediate or delayed. Molds can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mold. In addition, mold exposure can irritate the eyes, skin, nose, throat, and lungs of both mold-allergic and non-allergic people,
We are The Villages, Florida and Gainesville, Florida Mold Assessors Experts. Our Home base is located in The Villages, Florida