There have been many comments and mentions about how some people respond to other blog posts. Here are some examples of unacceptable responses.
- The same cut-and-paste comment on multiple blogs.
- A one-word answer like "yes" or "no." in the Q&A section
- Or answering, "I have no idea."
- Are you commenting just for points?
- A generic comment that has no relevance to the subject.
- "Thank you for sharing the information." Or...
- "Have a nice day."
If you have a gripe, do something about it!
Do not call out the offending member.
They are not your problem.
- Encourage good comments.
- Ignore the "drive-by'' comments.
- Write meaningful responses to your followers and new bloggers.
- If you disagree, do so in a professional manner.
- If you think the content is not good practice, unethical, or not in the best interest of clients or the public... You have the freedom (and maybe the obligation) to compose your post with your views.
Maybe we should give gold stars for good comments.
For those who have been on the platform for a long time, you can identify the commenter without seeing the person's name. They have a blogging voice. Do you?
There is an art to commenting.