After a long day, your family will appreciate this hearty homestyle dinner. The slow-cooked beef goes well with mashed potatoes or noodles.
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 6 beef cube steaks (4 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix
- 1 envelope of mushroom gravy mix
- 1 envelope onion gravy mix
- Hot mashed potatoes or cooked noodles
1. Place flour in a shallow dish. Add steaks, 1 or 2 at a time, and turn to coat completely.
2. In a skillet, cook steaks in oil until lightly browned on each side. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Add the onion and 2 cups water. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.
3. In a bowl, whisk together gravy mixed with the remaining water. Add to slow cooker; cook 30 minutes longer.
4. Serve over mashed potatoes or noodles.