Here's some good news about Knoxville, Tennessee to think about next time you pick up a newspaper or turn on your television and hear the "doom & gloom" about the so called national real estate market:
- 2008 - Knoxville ranked 4th on the "Best Cities for Relocating Families" list for Mid-Size Markets. Source: Worldwide ERC and Primacy Relocation May 2008
- 2008 - Metropolitan Knoxville named No. 10 on the list of Forbes Magazine "Best Places for Business and Careers." Source: Forbes Magazine March 2008
- 2007 - Expansion Management magazine named the Knoxville Metropolitan area 3rd among all mid-sized cities in the nation in its annual "Best Metro for Business and Expansion" competition. Source: Expansion Management Magazine August 2007.
- 2007 - Boating Life Magazine named Knoxville as one of the "10 Best Places to Live And Boat." Source: Boating Life Magazine July 2007
- 2007 - Metropolitan Knoxville named No. 5 on the list of the best metro areas for business and careers by Forbes Magazine. Source: Forbes Magazine April 2007.
- 2007 - Knoxville ranked 1st on the "Best Cities for Relocating Families" list. Source: Worldwide ERC and Primacy Relocation May 2007
- 2007 - Expansion Management magazine named Knoxville one of "America's 50 Hottest Cities," cities that are best places to expand or relocate a business. Source: Expansion Management Magazine February 2007.
- According to data just released by Eppraisal.com, median home prices are rising in quite a few metropolitan statistical areas (MSA). The Knoxville, Tennessee MSA is showing a 4.4% increase over the past 6 months earning us a # 47 out of the 188 MSAs calculated.
The facts of the matter are this. There is no such thing as a "national real estate market". The real estate markets in America are composed of hundreds of real estate markets each with different benefits, oportunities, inventories, price points, etc.