La Quinta Country Club Series: 3. The Real Estate
The Lawrence Hughes designed championship golf course opened in 1959 and real estate soon followed. Because each enclave of homes and neighborhoods were built and developed over time, there are multiple HOA's. There are several gates to access the homes, some with guards, others with key/cards and clickers. The country club itself can only be accessed by car from its front gate, but you can drive there from the neighborhoods in your golf cart. For newcomers it can be a bit puzzling to figure out.
From 2-3 bedroom condos to 4-5 bedroom luxury homes, there is an eclectic mix of properties at La Quinta Country Club.
The neighborhoods are nestled in the heart of La Quinta, CA surrounded by the Santa Rosa mountains. The mountains wrap around the enclave and provide shelter from winds and incredible views in almost every direction. At La Quinta Country Club, if you have a window... you have a view!
When members first join the club, they almost always request a home on the golf course. ( Including us when we first purchased over 20 years ago. ) There is a premium that comes with that view, but sometimes, after a few years living on the course... buyers prefer more privacy off the course. We have both!
1. La Quinta Golf Estates: Free standing homes ranging from 2200-5000 square feet. Some on the golf course, others private backyards. Most have their own pool. Prices from $750,000-$3,000,000.
2. Avenida Club La Quinta: Condos behind 9th and 18th green. Some facing Eisenhower and the La Quinta Resort. Community pool. Approx. 2400-2800sq.ft. Prices from $600,000-$1,100,000.
3. Lago La Quinta: Mid-century style condos, most have interior courtyards. Golf course views or lake views. 3 Community pools, tennis/sport court, lake. 2300-3000sq.ft. Prices $750,000-$1,150,000.
4. Fairway Villas: Bordered by Eisenhower, south facing condos with golf course views. Community pool. Approx. 1800-2200sqft. Prices $500,000-$800,000.
5. Montero Estates: Homes along fairway, freestanding with golf course views, private pools. Approx. 2800-3200 sq. ft. Prices from $850,000-$2,200,000. Homes on east side approx. 1800-2200sq ft. Prices from $550,000-$700,000.
6. Villas of La Quinta: Duplex style condos along the 5th fairway with west facing mountain views. Community pool and access from Washington Street. Approx 1500-2000sq.ft. Prices $450,000-$700,000.
La Quinta Country Club membership is not required to live in the LQCC neighborhood.For club info and membership visit lqcc.org
For current listings and activity visit La Quinta CC SchoweProperties.com.
More on La Quinta Country Club here: LQCC Expert Kathy Schowe
Photos by Chris Miller, One Point Media Group