WINE WALK 2023 RETURNS TO THE BLAKENEY TOWN CENTER
SUPPORTING THE HEARTEST YARD FOUNDATION FIGHT CONGENITAL HEARTS DEFECTS IN INFANTS
Sip while you stroll at Blakeney Town Center's Wine Walk in the Ballantyne area and join the fight against congenital heart disease in infants . A $25 donation to the HEARTest Yard Foundation provides a wine tote, wristband, passport to special savings in Blakeney stores, access to samples of wine in participating retail shops.
The 2023 Wine Walk in Blakeney Town Center will take place on September 14th from 6:00 pm till 8:00 pm.
About The HEARTest Yard
HEARTest Yard Foundation, a non-profit organization, was started by Greg Olsen (Carolina Panthers tight end) and his wife Kara after their son was born with Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome. Now celebrating its 10th anniversary, HEARTest Yard is a family relief program for pediatric cardiovascular patients. The foundation partners with Levine Children's Hospital in Charlotte to make the transition from the hospital to the home easier for families of infants affected by congenital heart disease.
Did you know that according to The Children's Heart Foundation:
- 40,000 babies are born in the USA with congenital heart disease? That's one child every 15 minutes! The most common defect is ventricular septic defect.
- Congenital heart defects are the most common birth defect in the USA? One in every 110 babies is born with CHD.
- Most causes of congenital heart defects are unknown? Just 15-20% actually are caused genetically. Maternal diabetes is known to cause CHD.
- A baby's chance of being born with congenital heart disease is three times greater if one of the parents or a sibling has CHD?
- Some 25% of babies born with CHD will undergo surgery in the first year of life?
85+% of babies born with congenital heart disease now live to at least the age of 18? In the 1950's just 2% of children survived to the age of 18. Clearly, much progress has been made.
Infographic Courtesy of CardioSmart.org/CHD
This update on the 2023 Wine Walk in the Blakeney Shopping/Town Center benefiting the HEARTest Yard Foundation is provided by Nina Hollander, Coldwell Banker Realty, Ballantyne neighbor, Ballantyne area and Greater Charlotte area residential real estate expert.
If you're considering selling or purchasing a home in the Greater Charlotte area, I'd love an opportunity to earn your business, exceed your expectations, and to show you why experience matters and: