Destin Florida Real Estate-Prepping Your Home For Market
Ready to cash in on your home equity? Or perhaps the next chapter of your life story takes place away from the Emerald Coast? Either way, having your Destin home in top shape is key to earning every dollar possible.
Advice For Getting Your Destin Home Show Ready
1) Declutter-- It's amazing how many "things" we collect over the years. And those souvenirs from your Rocky Mountain vacation can make it hard for Destin home buyers to visualize THEIR souvenirs in your space.
2) Does your home pass the smell test-- Not everyone likes the smell of Olds Spice and fine Corinthian Leather. Do the best you can to REMOVE odors, not simply mask them. And smoking? Don't do that anywhere near the home!
3) Fix what is broken, replace what is missing-- Does the outdoor ceiling fan blades have more wrinkles than a ten dollar dress shirt? Invest the money and replace the fan. If an item costs 250 dollars to replace most Destin home buyers will deduct 500 bucks. That's simply human nature.
4) Give the landscape some attention-- A professional lawn service can get and keep the yard in show condition. Their high dollar pro-grade equipment can do things your Sears Craftsman cannot. During the going season have the yard serviced once a week. In the Winter months a one time cut can get the lawn looking like a million bucks.
5) Have A morning house chore routine-- Invest a little time each day cleaning the dishes, doing the Landry, and whatever else to keep prepped. This avoids the "we have a showing in thirty minutes so do a week's worth of cleaning" stress.
Home Improvements to Avoid When Selling Your Destin Home
Need specific advice for YOUR Destin home? Call Doug Rogers (318) 613-1994 and I will walk though the home and provide a no cost comparable market analysis (CMA) so you have an idea of what to expect. Want to see how your home compares to others along the Emerald Coast? Go to Destin Homes For Sale to explore local housing inventory.