Building a Home in the Jackson MS Metro Area
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> Normal 0 </xml><![endif]--><!-- -->
The first thing you should do when considering building your home is to come up with a budget and STICK to it. Your budget should be in place even before you decide on a builder. When you plan your budget first you know upfront what you can afford to pay a builder.
When it comes to building your own home here are several things that you will need to take into consideration. You should take into consideration the cost of the house, the land and any extras you may want to add to the house. Be sure to take into consideration the landscaping you may want to do in order to get the best curb appeal.
- Building your dream home is both an exciting and a stressful time. Make sure you talk openly and extensively with your Madison MS Real Estate Agent and/or builder on the front end, before construction begins, to get all of your questions answered. Take nothing for granted and do not make assumptions about the building process. There are no foolish questions in new construction!
- Try to plan your entire home in advance. Flooring, materials, appliances, etc.. Many people are not aware that making changes during the construction process is often very expensive and sometimes not even possible. Planning in advance will help to lessen the chance of disappointment.
- Visit showrooms, tour model homes. Go to open houses and read home building and design magazines for ideas. Keep a scrap book or file of photos and ideas you'd like to incorporate into your new home. Go over these with your agent or builder early in the planning process.
- Take nothing for granted. Remember that just because you see something in a different home your builder constructed, does not always mean you will get that in your new home. Be sure and ask for a complete list of standard features and amenities to clarify.
- Understand that most builders will provide a standard one year warranty, but you may request an extended warranty that picks up where the other leaves off. This is very important should the home ever have any kind of major structural flaws.
- Ask for testimonials
- If your builder does not have any homes currently on the market or under construction, ask if he will schedule an appointment for you to tour other homes he has built in the past. Many homeowners will gladly and proudly show off their new home, and you will have the opportunity to see a finished product.
- Average turn-around time in new construction is 4 to 6 months.
- Most stock floor plans are customizable. You will save thousands of dollars by going this route as opposed to having an architect design one from scratch.
- Many builders can make plan changes "in the field" without your having to pay additional architect fees.
Not quite ready for the challenge of buidling? No problem!! We have several Homes for Sale in Madison MS, Brandon MS, and Riddgeland, MS. We want to assist you with your next move. Search the Local MLS for 1000s of New Construction Homes as our special guest. Once you've located your dream home in the Jackson MS Metro area contact a member of our team to begin the home buying process.
New Castle Subdivsion - Madison MS Real Estate
Getting Ready to Buy Your Madison MS Real Estate Home
Improving Curb Appeal for Your MS Real Estate Home
Lost Rabbit, Madison MS Real Estate
Madison MS Real Estate - FSBO