Mueller Austin is quickly becoming an energetic community hub within Austin city limits. It's been almost a year since the first residents moved into one of the diverse neighborhoods, Located just three miles from downtown and two miles from the University of Texas.
Robert Mueller who first envisioned the redevelopment of Municipal Airport into a mixed-use urban village. The result is an award-winning sustainable community being developed by Catellus Development Group.
New homes and jobs
Mueller's 711-acre site, when complete, will become home to approximately 10,000 people, 10,000 permanent employees, more than 1,100 affordable homes and approximately 140 acres of public open space, including:
- Nearly 4,600 single-family, condo or apartment homes (at least 25 percent reserved for families who qualify for affordable housing)
- More than 140 acres of parks and perimeter greenways
- A town center with cafes, shops, plazas and live/work spaces planned to include at least 30 percent locally-owned businesses
- 5 miles of new hike and bike paths
- Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas (open)
- The University of Texas Medical Research Campus
- Austin Film Studios (open)
- Connections to public transportation
- Regional retail (open)
- State-of-the-art rental apartments
- A broad variety of new home opportunities-both for rent and for sale
- Class A office space