Buried Fuel Tanks

Home Inspector with HomePro Inspections


I'm concerned about one of my listings. I have heard that there was a leaking fuel tank in the town where the house is located. How can I obtain information about environmental issues like these? I want to fully disclose any environmental concerns associated with the property.


Great question. In this day and age environmental issues are very important to home buyers. The list of issues are long and cover not only your concern for leaking tanks, but also the existence of old closed land fills, chemical spills, vapor intrusions, etc. You are wise to want to disclose these issues to your clients and customers.

 The best way I know to obtain information about any reported environmental concern dealing with a property is to order a Neighborhood Environmental Report (NER). A NER will tell you any and all reported environmental records within 300ft. and also any environmental records beyond 300 ft.

 Another benefit about ordering a report, or recommending that your clients and customers order a report is that there is a $20 Million Dollar E&O insurance policy associated with the report that covers all people in the transaction.

 If you would like to discuss this in detail and receive a sample report please feel free in contacting me. We also have additional information on our website.

Comments (1)

Marty Remo
RE/MAX Benchmark- Marty Remo-CDPE, E-Pro - Monroe, NY
HV Home Team

Great Information.

Nov 16, 2008 12:41 AM