Increase The Chances for Selling Your Home (And For More Money!)

Real Estate Agent with Realty Exchange

I just read an article that 11.5 BILLION videos were viewed on the internet in March 2008 alone.  Nationally, more and more stories are covering the effect of video in real estate.  It's definitely the next wave in real estate.  If you check you can see that one of our community spotlights (for Applewood, WV) has been watched almost 4,000 times in just 6 months!  We recently sold a Southside home that had over 8,000 views in the four months it was on the market.  Since September 2007, homes above $200,000 in the Huntington MLS have a sold rate of 53% (the other 47% have either expired or are still waiting on a buyer).  Homes with videos on the web sell at a rate of over 80%.  Anyone selling their home can post a video on the internet using a digital movie camera.  Where can you see some great examples?  More to come...

Comments (4)

Russ Ravary ~ Metro Detroit Realtor call (248) 310-6239
Real Estate One - Commerce, MI
Michigan homes for sale ~

Thanks for the great tip.  I have done a few but not enough.  I will be doning one tomorrow

Jul 23, 2008 02:56 PM
David M. Childress
Howard Hanna Real Estate Services - Akron, OH
I would love to be your Realtor® in Akron Ohio!

Thanks, I know this is something I need to do.....going to get a Flip with my next check!

Jul 23, 2008 02:58 PM
Jeff Johnson
On the Move - Louisville, KY
Proud To Be Your Realtor

Great information.  I have been toying with the idea of bying a video camera....has anyone used the Flip camera?  I am wondering about quality???

Jul 23, 2008 03:05 PM

I'm becoming more and more convinced that video is a good idea. Still building the website (does it ever stop?) and had to thank you for the ideas and great blogs. I'm from WV and it's nice to check in every once in a while.

Aug 18, 2008 07:36 AM