Here is your chance to own one of the thirty-one cottages nestled in the Village in the Woods in Southern Pines, North Carolina. Built as a residential community for those 48 years and older, this development was inspired by the townhomes of Colonial Williamsburg, Virginia, and is conveniently located between the quaint downtown Southern Pines area with its boutique shopping and numerous restaurants and the state of the art Moore County Regional hospital and supporting medical clinics. Great attention has been paid to reproducing the unique ambiance of a colonial village with its tree lined streets, brick walkways, and walking paths through mature azalea and dogwood gardens. This particular unit also enjoys peaceful views of a delightful pond that attracts a pair of white ducks and a wide array of colorful native birds.
These homes are rarely offered for sale because of their high demand and this one has been in the hands of its original owner who lived and traveled throughout the world since it was first built in 1976. The exterior is built of beaded clapboard with three dormer windows and was freshly painted in May, 2008, while the interior boasts of its original oak floors in all the living areas except in the kitchen and bathrooms. The original wood burning fireplace with its slate surround and hearth evokes the feel of a crackling fire even when not in use. Sliding glass doors to the large screened in porch provide delightful views of the tranquil pond from the formal dining area. The kitchen was upgraded in 1994 with all new appliances, cabinets and corian countertops and sink and is served by a spacious pantry. All the doors are solid six panel colonial and the windows are insulated by Anderson. The Master Bedroom Suite has three closets, double corian sinks and a tiled step-in shower with a sitting bench. The main floor Guest Bedroom has a wall of built-in shelving since it was used as Library and is served by a full Bath with a tub/shower and newer corian vanity.
The upper level consists of two guest bedrooms with a full tub/shower bathroom. Doors from both bedrooms provide extensive eave storage. The lower level consists of a heated/cooled Utility Room with a washer and dryer, utility sink and freezer and several shelving units. There is also a spacious unheated brick floor workshop/storage area that can serve many purposes.
There is a one-time Association Transfer Fee of $1,500 to be paid for by the Buyer at time of closing. A $225 monthly Association Fee covers dwelling insurance, basic cable, all outside dwelling maintenance and landscaping including irrigation water, private road upkeep, scheduled exterior painting, termite protection, periodic cleaning of walks, stairs and gutters, and common area liability insurance. Buyers must review the rules, regulations and Covenants and Restrictions with the Association Board and be approved prior to closing.
- Two story, with over 2500 Square Feet including a 200 SF lower level heated/cooled Utility Room
- Master Bedroom and Guest Bedroom/Den on main level with original oak floors
- Two Guest Bedrooms/Office/Sitting Rooms and Full Bathroom on second floor with original oak floors
- Water view of a tranquil pond that attracts a pair of white ducks and colorful native birds
- Beaded clapboard exterior freshly painted in May, 2008
- 9' Ceilings rimmed with Williamsburg crown moldings on main floor
- 15' x 18' Living Room with wood burning fireplace and Williamsburg wood mantle and surround
- 15' x 11' Formal Dining Room with sliding glass doors to the Screened Porch and view of pond and tree lined walking paths
- 13' x 11' Kitchen remodeled in 1994 with all new appliances, corian countertops and sink, extensive wood cabinets, informal eating area, pantry and door to Screened Porch
- Formal Entry Foyer with closet and stairs leading to upper floor
- 17' x 12' Master Bedroom Suite with windows overlooking the pond, three closets, and Master Bath with double sinks and a private commode room with step-in tiled shower with a sitting bench
- 15' x 11' Guest Bedroom/Den with wall-to-wall built-in shelving serviced by large Guest Bathroom with corian sink vanity and tub/shower
- Two 13' x 15' Guest Bedrooms on second floor with ample closets and access to under eave storage areas and serviced by Guest Bathroom with corian sink vanity and tub/shower
- 27' x 12' Screened Porch with view of pond and walking paths
- 325 SF unheated enclosed brick floor storage/workshop area under porch on lower level
- All appliances convey "as is" including lower level freezer, washer and dryer
- 2007 Taxes: County $858.18; City $614.28
- One year Home Warranty offered by Seller
TO VIEW MORE PICTURES. FLOOR PLAN AND VIRTUAL TOUR PLEASE VISIT WITH US AT www.AreaRealEstatePartners.com
Directions: At Traffic Circle take Midland Road (Rte. 2) East toward Southern Pines, continue past entrance to Rte. 1, take an immediate right onto Sandavis to top of hill, take a left onto Skye, then immediate right into the Village in the Woods. 4 Village in the Woods is located on the first cul-de-sac to the left.