Residents of Dearborn!
The Dearborn Police Department has put technology into play for your benefit.
As of July 2008, there is a new Online Reporting System, which allows residents to make various types of Police reports over the Internet.
The Police ask that you only use this system if it meets the following criteria:
- Do NOT use this system if this is an emergency. If you have an emergency please call 911 immediately.
- The incident must have occurred within the City of Dearborn limits.
- There are no known suspects involved (excluding gas drive-off or defrauding an innkeeper incidents).
- There is no evidence that could lead to identification of a suspect (prints, video surveillance, tools, etc.).
The following is a list of different incidents that can be reported through this new system.
- Lost or Stolen Property value under $1,000 NO SUSPECTS
- Vandalism, Other Than Vehicle (Malicious Destruction of Property) NO SUSPECTS
- Vandalism to Vehicle (Malicious Destruction of Property) NO SUSPECTS
- Larceny from Vehicle Including Larceny of Parts and Personal Property NO SUSPECTS
- Theft of Cell Phone
- Gas Theft - Drive off
- Harassing or Annoying Phone Calls
- Traffic Complaint
- Citizen Tip Form
- Defrauding an Innkeeper
- Private Property Collision NO INJURIES
(Incident must not have occurred on public roadway)
Also, please keep in mind that if you falsely report an incident, that itself is a crime that is punishable by a fine and/or Prison Time, depending on the severity of the false accusation. (So no pranks over the Internet, okay?)
I may be a resident of the City of Wayne, but I am a former resident of Dearborn, have worked in Dearborn for more than 5 years, and know many friends and clients who live in the area. I think this system could help keep Dearborn a little bit safer, and that is peace of mind for everyone! :)
To learn more about Dearborn, please visit the City's website at www.cityofdearborn.org.