The Meme's are coming, the Meme's are coming..... and no, it's not Paul Revere. And
no, it's not by dumping water on gremlin's. It's just tagging members here in Active Rain, letting them talk about themselves, giving us the chance to get to know more about them. Here is a good idea of what a meme is : The First (?) ActiveRain Meme by : Jay & Francis Thompson
Overall, I think it would be good to get this going again, just for the fact that we have had 100's and 1,000's of new members since this was last done. The meme phenomenon took place around the second week of December. And here was my previous meme : What's this MEME phenomenon going on in the blogging world? Well, I have been tagged, or in this case, Memed !!!
Here are 5 more things that you don't know about me......
1. When 911 took place, I was beside myself, as so many of us were. To this day, I was one of the more fortunate ones that didn't loose a family member, friend, co-worker.... I just didn't know anyone. I did know those that did lose loved ones though.
As I stated in my first meme, I do wear my heart on my sleeve. I was up late at night for hours, into the early parts of the morning. I was glued to the TV, usually going to bed around 3 am and this took place for several weeks. It just struck a nerve and more so, because I did serve in the US Army for several years.
2. In my previous meme, we were suppose to list 5 things about ourself. I listed a bonus, because I was meme'd twice. But I would like to share this one again, because it was a great time in my life to be part of something like this.
I was in a youth group when I was in high school, all 4 years. I was asked by our youth minister to head up a youth group retreat my Junior year in high school. I had about 30 freshmen and sophomore's on this retreat. I was scared at first....well, not scared, but it was tough the first day, because of large groups. I had about a month to prepare. It was a 2 1/2 day retreat. I felt great afterwards, because of what I had accomplished. Not only the friends that I made, but that I was able to lead a whole retreat. Yes, I had other youths under me to help with this. But just the responsibility, especially if you new me back then, that I was semi shy and feared large groups.
3. This shouldn't be a secret, but I love what I do. I have been doing mortgages for over 14 years. I couldn't think of anything else that I would love to do. Well, maybe a few... ;o) But there isn't much.
4. Yes, I soooo love my nieces and nephews. No, I am not married and I don't have any kids. So, thanks to those that have commented on my new picture, but that is my youngest niece that is in the picture with me.
A great story here.... my sister was told that she couldn't have kids. They decided to adopt. They adopted a boy and girl, Johnny & Katerina, both on the ends of the picture. After they got back, my sister found out that she was pregnant. They had Andrew, who is on my lap. Last, they then felt like Katerina should have s sister, so they adopted Alisha, who is on my other lap. She is also the little girl in my current picture.
I know we all talk about how much we love certain kids, but these kids are awesome. Each with their own personalities.
5. I am so much a people person. I so love meeting new people, networking with them, and just getting to know them. Hence the reason why I love Active Rain so much. There are some amazing people in this network and I hope to get to know more of you. And possibly more about you in general.
With that said, I am going to meme some people that are new here on Active Rain and or who I would like to get to know more about. I already meme'd Sarah Cooper yesterday... please read : My Meme. I would like to meme
Ravi Shah, who has been on here a month after I joined. I don't think he was ever meme'd. My last 3 to meme are : Julie Ferenzi Tim Maitski (who is not new, but I don’t think he was ever meme’d) & David A. Podgursky
Sarah Cooper : My Meme
David Podgursky : MeMe ... DoDo YouYou ReallyReally WantWant ToTo KnowKnow?
Ravi Shah : MEME - It's my turn
Julie Ferenzi : I didn't even know what a Meme was... Oh, I get it! Me Me? LOL!
Tim Maitski :My Meme. More Than You Wanted to Know
And as Sarah Cooper stated in her meme : Please post it in the new Meme Group and tag three new people. Let's bring some fun back into the RAIN....
And getting newbies to participate : The MEME's are attacking the Newbies..... BEWARE, you might be next....