Clothes Dryer Blamed For Fire At Orange County Home
POSTED: 12:50 pm EST March 30, 2006
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Firefighters said a clothes dryer started a fire at a south east Orange County home Thursday morning.The inside of the home at Narcoossee Road and Moss Park Road, near Lake Nona, was badly damaged when the fire broke out around 8:00am.
Neighbors reported seeing flames coming through the roof.
Firefighters said the family left the house for the day and left the dryer running.
Prevent this tragedy from happening to you. Get your free dryer vent safety check kit today.
Get a FREE Dryer Vent Check Safety Tool Kit
To increase awareness of dryer vent safety, DVW is offering Tips & Tools. Homeowners & community groups are encouraged to download the Tips brochure and the video, "Don´t Let Your Dryer Start a Fire, Keep Your Home Safe and Sound". FREE dryer vent safety check kits that help identify dryer vent problems can also be ordered!
Call 1-866-498-SAFE (7233) for your dryer check-up & cleaning