It is crucial that your home looks it's best for the potential buyer if you are to get the best possible price in the least amount of time. A little time now can pay big dividends when you sit down at the closing table. Remember, you are competing with other sellers in your area. Here are a few tips from experts in Real Estate sales.
1. Look at your home through a buyer's eyes.
- Look at other similar homes for sale in your area. How does your home compare?
- Tour model homes. These are normally in move in condition. This is an excellent method to understand a buyer's expectations.
2. Make a list.
- What are the obstacles preventing your home from showing its full potential?
- Begin with Curb Appeal. Lawn, Fences, Walks, Driveway, etc.
- Next move to the Inside. Closets, Kitchen, Bed Rooms, Bath Rooms, Play Rooms, Living areas, and Garages.
- Categorize your findings and create an action plan:
- Un-clutter - Get rid of it!
- Clean - Clean it!
- Repair - Fix it if you can. If you can not, hire someone that can!
- Optimize - Build on your homes features to help the buyer to connect with your home.
3. Complete the necessary tasks.
- Scrub, Spackle, Paint, Trim, Throw Out, Plant, Dust, Decorate and Organize.
4. Keep your home in showing condition at all times.
- Buyers can be unpredictable. Showings often happen at the least convenient time possible. Don't miss a potential buyer because of a un prepared home!