The BC Day long weekend is approaching fast, and we expect to have an island full of visitors (we hope!) to enjoy a little fun in the sun here on Pender. If you are planning to come over for a stay, please note that the ferries have been overloaded for the past few weekends, so please make sure to make a reservation if you haven't already. We have some great events this weekend that islanders and visitors alike will love:
Saturday, August 2
- 9:30am - Farmer's Market - come wander among the tables offering island produce, crafts, baking and preserves. At the Community Hall until 1:00
- 10:00am - Art Society's Annual August Show and Sale at the Anglican Hall until 5pm. Also on Sunday from 1-4pm.
- 10:00am - Clay in the Woods Art Show presented by Wendy Dunnet. At the Button Lady's Gallery, 3733 Frigate Road until 5pm. Also on Sunday from 1-4pm.
- 7:30pm - Film Night at the Community Hall presents "Shine a Light." A career-spanning documentary about the Rolling Stones, with concert footage from their "A Bigger Bang" tour.
Sunday, August 3
- 1:00pm - Family Film Matinee at the Hall presents "Horton Hears a Who!" Horton the elephant stuggles to protect a microscopic community from his neighbours who refuse to believe it exists.
- 4:00pm - Magic Lake Property Owners' Society Residents' Picnic at Thieves Bay Park. Bring outdoor games, food, friends and kids. A barbecue will be on-site.
For more about Pender Island real estate, visit Howard Sanders online @ www.HomesOnPender.com
• Email: Howard@HomesOnPender.com
• Cell: (250) 222-HOME (4663)
• Toll-free: (866) 629-3166
Howard on Pender