On Thursday we will be kicking off the Localism Sponsorship Land Rush. This will be the official schedule for when you will have access to Sponsor communities/cities on Localism.
Schedule for States/Provinces for Localism Land Rush:
- July 31st - Washington State
- August 4th - Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Washington DC, Delaware, Georgia, Hawaii, Alberta, British Columbia
- August 5th - Florida, Iowa, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Massachusetts, Maryland, Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland
- August 6th - Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, Nebraska, New Hampshire, Nova Scotia, Nunavat
- August 7th - New Jersey, New Mexico, Nevada, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec
- August 8th - South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, US Virgin Islands, Vermont, Wisconsin, West Virginia, Wyoming, Saskatchewan, Yukon
Day of offering schedule:
On the day your State/Province is scheduled, there will be a timeline based on your ActiveRain points to gain access to the sponsorship interface. We are very appreciative of the members who have supported us all along the way and we want to give them a little bit of a head start on claiming the communities they have put so much effort into building.
On the day your state/province is scheduled:
- ActiveRain Members with 200K + points will have access at 12:00pm Pacific Time (3:00pm Eastern Time)
- ActiveRain Members with 100K + points will have access at 12:15pm Pacific Time (3:15pm Eastern Time)
- ActiveRain Members with 50K + points will have access at 12:30pm Pacific Time (3:30pm Eastern Time)
- ActiveRain Members with 10K + points will have access at 12:45pm Pacific Time (3:45pm Eastern Time)
- All ActiveRain Members will have access at 1:00pm Pacific Time (4:00pm Eastern Time)
The price to sponsor a community/city will be:
- 1-10 communities/cities sponsored = $9 per community/city sponsored per month
- 11-25 communities/cities sponsored = $8 per community/city sponsored per month
- 26+ communities/cities sponsored = $7 per community/city sponsored per month
Community/City sponsorships will be offered on a month-to-month basis and you can cancel at any time prior to the beginning of the next month.
Payment will be accepted with credit card. Visa, Mastercard or AMEX.
Why the price drop?
Since we've launched, we've been dilegently reading your comments and concerns. We've taken them back to our brain trust to see what type of solutions we can come up with. What we've come back is nothing short of mind numbing. Jonathan will be creating a post that he will have up tomorrow that gives a sneak preview of the changes that will be up by the end of August, coinciding with the release of Localism to the public......which will highlight some changes to the sponsorship area.
What cities are we able to sponsor directly?
You will be able to sponsor a city directly if the city population is under 40,000 people based on the census data from the 2000 United States Census. All the cities that have populations over 40,000 according to US census data will not have a direct sponsor option.
In the cities with over 40,000 residents, the person that has the most community sponsorships on the first day of the month will get an automatic sponsorship of the city. These automatic sponsorships will start September 1st.
Here is a link to a spreadsheet of Cities over 40,000 people that won't have a direct sponsorship option
Where do I go to sponsor?
**** The launch for the state of Washington on July 31st will take place for everyone at 12:00pm Pacific Time as we will not have the infrastructure in place to stagger the start times.