I have only been in real estate to know what a down market is. The broker I started with lost my real estate application to send to the DRE for three months, so I ended up missing the end of the Great Central Valley Seller's Market. I can't wait for the market to turn, but am focusing on the here and now. Many Realtors in my office can't figure out the success I have been having the last few months. Well, it has been nothing short of lots of hard work. I have found some tips that have doubled my production, without the stress that many of you may have encountered.
1. Be active on Active Rain. Although I only limit the amount of time on it to 30 minutes per day due to time constraints, the bots and spiders really like this site for Google and Yahoo.
2. Listings are the Key. No matter what system you use, they all bring up this point. I have done Buffini and been introduced to numerous others and they all focus on acquiring listings. Your listings are a way to get your name out there, free of charge. Make sure you have a rider that clearly states your name. They can be acquired cheaply.
3. Stage well. My listings stand out from others in the area. Although I have been fortunate not to have had totally thrashed listings, staging it can allow you to demand a higher price than others in the neighborhood. In addition to staging, use an excellent wide-angled lens. I use a wide-angled attachment on my Konica Minolta Digital Camera for my CMAs, but for listings I use a Kodak v570, which makes a difference between night and day.
4. Utilize your Sphere of Influence. Your sphere can generate leads and listings.
5. Work smarter, not Harder. I probably work less hours than most Realtors, yet I am second in my office in production. The key is I focus on one or two areas, and target clients that way instead of wearing myself thin and focusing on all aspects. Focus on the buying, or the selling side of Real Estate.
By following these hints, it can help you survive in the down market that most of us are in right now.