I was meme'd a few months ago and didn't participate. I was kind of new here and didn't feel comfortable sharing yet. I guess it was my natural shy character holding me back again. Jeff Belonger was kind enough to meme me again. So here I go with 5 things about me that you wouldn't really know from Active Rain.
1. I've always been a shy and quiet person. I think it started when I was pretty small and had trouble pronouncing some words. When kids laugh at you for the way you talk you find it much easier to just be quiet. I worked at it over the years and eventually got over it. I used to have a fear of public speaking but now I find it quite enjoyable. People thought I was nuts for going into sales. How could a shy, quiet guy like me make it in sales? I learned to use that difference to my advantage. So if I can do it, anyone can do it.
2. I grew up in a family of seven kids. I'm in the middle. We were some of the last people to get indoor plumbing. I still remember the outhouse with the flies and the bees. So I really appreciate the little things in life like a nice clean toilet inside.
3. I never read much until I was 25. I was single, living by myself in Baltimore, and had a lot of time on my hands. I decided that I would try to find the secret to living a good life and the secret to wealth. I'm still on my journey and am learning every day. To me, every book is a little treasure. I must have over 1000 books on my shelves in the basement. I focus on religion, philosophy, metaphysics, health, politics, marketing and money. There are so many interesting things to learn about that I don't care to read fiction too much. My favorite fiction book is "Atlas Shrugged". Probably the most interesting non-fiction book has been "The Tao of Physics". I also love an old book called "The Law" and of course "Think and Grow Rich".
4. My philosophy is "Don't Worry, Be Happy". I believe there is a reason for everything and I have faith that it will all work out one way or another. I believe we all have a purpose. I hope I'll eventually find mine.
5. My kids are geniuses and have a great sense of humor. I always was afraid that I would have dull, boring kids like me. I guess they take after their Mom. I really can't imagine kids being any more interesting and fun to be with than my 8 year old son and 9 year old daughter. I learn things every day by being around them.
There you have it. Now you know more about me than most of my friends.