Consumer Reports Supports Home Staging--Do You?
So, you can expect to be getting even more requests from clients for staging services. But, being proactive and savvy, I know you'll actually offer those services before the clients even asks!
Many Realtors fear offending their clients by offering staging. However, if you make it a practice to mention staging to every potential client who calls you, you will:
1) Put yourself ahead of the competition--not everyone offers staging (can you believe that?)
2) Avoid offending clients, because if you mention this before you even see their house, how can they be offended?
3) Sell your listings more quickly
4) Improve your selling stats, and therefore gain new clients
5) Make more money because your listing sell faster--less marketing required, fewer or no price reductions
If you are a Buyer's Agent and your client has a house to sell before they can purchase a new one, again--offer a staging consultation to them!
Wouldn't you be willing to invest $75 or $150 in a staging consultation? The ROI is very significant!
One more thought...more homeowners are already going directly to home stagers to request staging. After reading this Consumer Reports article, even more will do the same. If you already have a good relationship with a home staging professional, you are in a good position to get referrals. And who wouldn't like to be handed a professionally staged house to sell?!