I wanted to share with everyone why I love Plano and think it is a great place to live. I have really enjoyed living in Plano,TX for the past 8 years and can't imagine living in any other city locally.
1. Location - Plano is close to Dallas without having to deal directly with big city Dallas problems and politics. Plano is the southernmost city in Collin County so we get to enjoy the best of both worlds. To the south, I'm 25 minutes from downtown Dallas and to the north only 20 minutes to the county seat of Collin County in McKinney.
2. Great Schools - I don't have children but I appreciate an area that has good schools because it keeps my property values up. And when I do have children then I want to be in an area that I'm comfortable sending my kids to public school.
3. Superb City Services - This might sound silly but I love the services that Plano provides to its citizens. Plano picks up my recycling waste bi-weekly and we have big trash containers to hold all my paper and plastics. It makes it so easy to be "GREEN". I've been recycling for the last 8 years before being "green" was the thing to do. And they pick up yard clipping and landscape materials weekly to be recycled. When I call the city with questions about a bill or another issue, the phone is answered quickly by a live person and my problem is handled professionally.
4. Transportation - It is so easy to get around Plano. Most major interior roads running north/south and west/east in Plano are 6 lanes divided roads. No 2 lane FM roads like our neighbors to the north. And 4 major highways, George Bush Turnpike, Dallas Tollway, Central(75) and SH 121, all have access into Plano. Also, we are the only city in Collin County that is serviced by the DART bus lines and DART Light Rail.
5. Shopping - Grocery stores are on almost every corner. I'm spoiled to live less than 2 miles from Central Market! All the retail, restaurant and fast food you can think of is in Plano. We have 2 major malls to serve its residents. I don't have to leave the city to get everything I need. And with current gas prices this is a major plus!
6. Mature Trees - Because Plano started to be developed in the 70's, several neighborhoods have large mature trees. I love a neighborhood that has good shade trees.
7. Downtown Plano - The city of Plano has been trying to revitalize our downtown for a long time but I think in the last 2 years there has been real progress. The establishment of the DART rail stop in Plano has been invaluable. And more retail and restaurants are opening and staying open.
8. Great Parks & Recreation - You can enjoy 3,600 acres of park land in Plano with 30 miles of recreation trails including six recreation centers, three golf courses, 81 public tennis courts, 5 public swimming pools, 93 soccer/football fields and 61 baseball/softball fields.
9. Great House Market - Price values are very stable because of all the reasons I've listed above. It is a great city to be a real estate agent!
If you are interested in learning more about Plano as your next city, give me a call today at 214-532-3823.