Put Me In Coach

By
Real Estate Agent with Keller Williams Realty

Why is it that even the very best receive coaching?

What is coaching?      

Why do real estate agents often work with Business Coaches?

There's a saying that 7% of all the agents do 93% of all the business and the rest don't have coaches. What do the top 7% know that the 93% don't know?

What they know is that coaching can help you improve your game.  That's why Keller Williams has introduced Productivity Coaching.  We are so fortunate to work for a company that believes in helping our associates build careers worth having, businesses worth owning and lives worth living..  If you're serious about performing at your highest level, give me a call today at (678) 808-1307 to get all the details about PRO-Coaching!

Comments (4)

Not a real person
San Diego, CA

Should you have given credit to John Fogerty for "put me in coach" LOL.

Yes, it's amazing that sports teams have coaches and even individuals have coaches. At least one very tall, very amazing basketball player does not have a coach and can't shoot free throws worth a darn. Interesting in that he had a free-throw coach for about six months and his free-throw percentage improved. Also interesting in that his ego is bigger than his hands and his feet and he turned down free coaching from the NBA's all-time free throw leader who just wanted to see him succeed. Go figure.

Aug 23, 2008 10:54 PM
Julie Q. Fuelling
Keller Williams Katy @ Cinco Ranch - Katy, TX
Real Estate Consultant

My office just instituted a coaching program and I've signed up--not sure of the results yet as most of my business has, lately, been from blogging. (Tiger Woods has a coach so who am I not to need one?) Like I said, I'm still up in the air as to whether it's worth the 10% referral fee. What do others pay and how long is the committment?

Julie Fuelling, fuellingkaty.com

Aug 24, 2008 05:15 AM
Anonymous
Julie O. Fueling

Coaching is so much about encouragement & accountability that sometimes it's value is hard to estimate.  For example, if your coach is encouraging you to lead generate & is giving you tools to help you grow your business - how much is that worth to you?  Since they may not be directly involved in the actual transaction that closes and has the referral fee taken from it.  However, if you use that same knowledge to do other business & you only paid a 10% referral fee - you have definitely gotten a bargain.  Coaches walk a fine line in that we sometimes have to be tough on our clients to push them to excel.  Sometimes it seems that we want the success for that person more than they want it for themselves and a lot of time and effort on the part of the coach is invested in that person.  A 10% referral fee is a very, very small amount to give back.  I can almost guarantee you that Tiger Woods pays more to his coach than realtors pay to theirs.  Coaching is as much about what you put into it as what you get out.  My suggestion is to approach it wholeheartedly, be teachable and soak up as much knowledge and encouragement as you can from your coach.  Obviously, your coach has something to offer to you in the way of experience, knowledge and enthusiasm.  Go for it !!

Aug 24, 2008 08:55 AM
#3
Anonymous
Russel Ray

Russel

Thanks for the comment.  Agents who set goals to have their businesses grow and who know that having an accountability partner / coach is the way to get there are the agents that see the value in being in a coaching program.  Most agents are so busy working "in" their business that they neglect to work "on" their business.  Coaching allows them the opportunity to get to know their numbers and lay out a business plan on how to achieve those numbers. 

Aug 24, 2008 09:00 AM
#4