Since my slogan has always been "Service With a Smith," I would be remiss if I didn't expound upon my service attitude that has always been a part of who I am as a person, not necessarily as a Realtor.
If you have lived in Cedar Rapids for any length of time, then you know my father Al Smith. My father has worked with children for almost 50 years in this town. First, he was the Recreation Director for the Cedar Rapids Recreation Commission. If you grew up in the sixties, seventies, and even into the eighties, many of you participated in the goal shooting contests and punt, pass, and kick contests at your local Cedar Rapids Community Schools.
As a former professional baseball player with the Cleveland Indians organization, my father could have pursued a major league baseball career and been very successful. Then, he met my mother Virginia Dunn, and later married, having six children, three boys and three girls. My father gave tirelessly of himself and his money to all of his children growing up in the sixties, seventies, and eighties. When any of his children wanted the latest tennis shoes, or jeans, he always thought of his children before himself.
My father lives by the motto, I am third. His faith comes first, his family and friends second, and then his needs come after that. Since my father is my role model and hero, I am continuing his service attitude with my job as a Realtor. Before I became a Realtor in Cedar Rapids, I was an elementary school teacher for twelve years. I loved teaching children and working with families, especially those with the most needs. After twelve years, I decided to work with big kids instead of the little ones, and so here I am.
I have worked very hard on all aspects of my career as a Realtor to provide you with service that knowone would ever expect from a Realtor, ever! Here are some of my bullet points:
- Twelve years + experience working with children and families.
- An expert in finding your family the perfect school and school district to move to.
- I know most of the principals in town by first name basis, and if I don't, well then, I'll probably be visiting your school next week!
- I understand the moving process. I have lived and moved into four homes myself. I have relocated twice to Austin, Texas in 1985 and back home to Marion, Iowa in 2004.
- I have a Distinguished Service Providers Index on my website that grows everyday. These are local vendors who provide outstanding services to you like plumbers, carpenters, carpet cleaners, etc... These folks have been screened by me and also come highly recommended. No need to look any further than this tab on my website.
- I'm an expert communicator. If you call me or email me, I will usually return the correspondence within the hour or two. If you need information on buying, selling, financing, or anything related to real estate in Cedar Rapids, I have the resources to immediately provide to you and your family.
- My website is easily found in major search engines like Google, MSN, and Yahoo. I have worked hard to make my website www.ChristopherSmithRealtor.com easy to find for searches relating to Cedar Rapids real estate, Cedar Rapids Realtor, and Skogman Realty. Once you have found my website, you can request all of the information you'd like, and trust that I will not stalk you like some Realtors will. I also know that when you are ready, you will return to the source that has provided you with information to make educated and informed decisions about moving to Cedar Rapids, moving neighborhoods, buying real estate, or qualifying for a loan.
- Trust and integrity are two words that have lived inside of me ever since I was a child. I thank my parents for instilling in me the values and morals that I now am imparting on my two children today.
- I keep in touch monthly and sometimes bi-monthly with my clients and past clients. My friends and family receive a newsletter with items of value each and every month.
- All of my listings have a VT (Virtual Tour). I have a minimum of twenty to thirty photographs of each one of my listings on my website, not the standard one or eight pictures you find elsewhere.
- I also offer you your own domain name (ie - www.370IowaAve.ChristopherSmithRealtor.com ) to once again expose your home to more "potential buyers."
- Each one of my sellers gets their own section of my website to "brag" about their home to potential buyers.
I always used to tell my youngsters in school that, "You make the choices, not Mr. Smith." You as homeowners and buyers also have many Realtors to choose from in this area. Almost 900+ Realtors to be exact! Do your research on the Internet, and find out who provides the most services and will work hard for you! My #1 goal is your #1 goal. Call me today at 319-329-5988 or email Christopher@skogman.com . Also visit my website: www.ChristopherSmithRealtor.com for much more information than I can blog about in this post!
As always, I thank you for taking the time to read this very important information. Have a great week!