WEEK AT A GLANCE!
August 4 - 10, 2008 Leading the fun!
Hours of Operation at King Dining - The new hours for Wing down days, holidays, and weekends will be 7 a.m. - 1 p.m. All other hours will remain the same. Call 294-3980 for more information.
New Hours at Kegler Kafé - Kegler Kafé at Peacekeeper Lanes now has new hours: Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays: 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Wednesdays: 11 a.m. - 8:30 p.m. Fridays: 11 a.m. - 10:30 p.m. Saturdays: 1 p.m. - 10:30 p.m. Down days: open at 11 a.m. Closed on Sundays and holidays. Call 294-2514 for more information.
August at the Patriot Club!
• Customer Appreciation Lunch Special - 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.: Special Nature Sandwich with Fruit - (Turkey, tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, alfalfa sprouts, cream cheese, & mayo served on marble bread.) $5.95 members / $7.95 non-members
• Club Cash Craze Fridays - Weekly cash drawings for members every Friday at 6 p.m., starting at $250 and increasing by $25 every week until won! Must be present to win. Patriot Club members can enjoy drink specials and free food from 4:30 - 6 p.m.!
• Bonanza Bingo - Play Quick Shot Bonanza Bingo every weekday, open to close! Cards are only $1 and are available at the Cashiers' Cage - try your chance at winning up to $1,000! Must be 18 years or older to participate.
• Bar Specials - 4:30 - 6 PM in the Raiders Lounge
o Wingman Wednesday - Serving up 25¢ hot wings, and $3 domestic pitchers to wash them down!
o Thirsty Thursday & Taco Bar - Take a Taco and pick up a domestic longneck for just $2!
o Super Social Hour - Every Friday, featuring the Drink of the Month and complimentary appetizers!
Contact the Patriot Club at 294-2268 for more information.
The Patriot Club Membership Drive - Air Force Clubs and Chase Bank are launching an enhanced cash-back Military Free Cash Rewards Program. New Patriot Club membership applicants can choose between a MasterCard with the enhanced rewards program or a limited-use Proprietary credit card without rewards. The Patriot Club is inviting all non-members to sign up free with no dues payments for six months!
Reduced Swim Passes now available! Single member passes will be $25, and family passes will be $40. Take advantage of this reduced rate for the last few weeks of summer.
Dance and Gym Classes Registration - Registration for new Youth Programs instructional classes is now underway. Classes will begin in September and continue through the school year -- sign up before spaces are gone! Dance classes will be held on Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday nights, for ages 4 through teens. Gym classes will be held on Mondays and Wednesdays for ages 18 months and up. Call 294-5152 for more information.
Sign up for Tennis Lessons! - Bill Batchelor will be providing tennis lessons on a weekly basis, Monday - Thursday, 2 - 8 p.m, for just $20 per lesson, beginning September 2, after the Labor Day Weekend. Signups going on now. Contact the Field House to be placed on the waiting list!
Kansas City Chiefs Tickets - The excitement of professional football is just around the corner! ITT has a limited number of tickets available for each game, on sale now! Start with a pre-season game on August 27 at 7 p.m., just $30! Regular season games are September 14, September 28, and October 19, each for $63. All ticket sales are final. Call 294-5406 for more information.
Military Splash Days - CoCo Key Water Resort is offering one last splash before school starts! Military Splash Days are August 3 - 5. Cost: $10 / person / ages 3 and over. Contact ITT, 294-5406.
Food Advisory Council - The Food Advisory Council will meet August 6, 3 p.m. at the King Dining Facility. Call 294-3980 for more information.
Bingo with Kjell - Head to the Patriot Club Global Lounge at 5 p.m. on August 8 for drink specials, appetizers, and exciting rounds of bingo with prizes! Buy bingo cards for $1.50, or buy 8 games for $12, with a second package for only $8!
Jeff Galloway at Offutt - The former U.S. Olympian and author of "Running Until You're 100" will be at Offutt August 10 - 11 for several Air Force Week events.
• Runway Run - A 7 mile run throughout the base and along the runway on August 10, 7 a.m. starting at the Lied Activity Center - registration begins at 6 a.m. The registration fee is just $25 on race day. For more information, contact 898-3000, email email@example.com, or check out the Air Force Week website, www.AirForceWeek.com.
• Offutt Field House Meet & Greet - August 11, 7 a.m. Jeff will be signing copies of "Running Until You're 100", giving autographs, and meeting & greeting base personnel. For more information, contact 294-6311.
• Youth Center - August 11, 9:30 a.m., presenting tips on childhood fitness, nutrition, and more. For more information, contact the Center at 294-5152.
Peacekeeper Lanes Adult League Registration - Adult leagues will be holding fall registration August 11 through September 2. Leagues include Intramurals (small and large squadrons), Mixed (two men, two women), Mixed (any combination of men & women), and Scratch (rotating pro patterns). Call 294-2514 for more information.
Kegler Kafé Closure - Kegler Kafé in Peacekeeper Lanes will be closed on August 11 and August 12 due to construction. We apologize for any inconvenience. The Kafé will resume normal hours on August 13, and will be closed August 16 and August 17 for the Air Show.
Tops in Blue World Tour '08 - Headquarters Air Force Services presents the Tops in Blue: Deja Blue, at 7:30 p.m. on August 14, in the Civic Auditorium Music Hall, celebrating 55 years of entertainment! Admission is free. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. A shuttle bus with limited seating will depart from the Offutt Field House at 6 p.m. Call the Offutt Community Center for shuttle reservations at 294-6247.
Offutt Air Show - August 16 - 17. Many facilities will be closed or have reduced hours, August 15 - 17. A full list is available at www.offutt55fss.com/airshow_hours.html.
Need Child Care? Call the Offutt Child Development Center (CDC) for assistance. Hourly rates are available for children 12 months to 5 years of age at the CDC, and for children ages 2 weeks to 12 years at Family Child Care. Pre-enrollment is required and depends upon availability. Contact the CDC at 294-2203.
Intramural Team Bass Fishing Tournaments - every other Wednesday all summer long. Launch times will be at safe light as determined by the director. Cost: $20 / season. Call 294-2167 for more info.
Summer Birthday Specials at Outdoor Rec
• Paintball Party Pack: Get 100 free paintballs when you throw your birthday party at the paintball course! Minimum group of ten people, ages 13 and up. Cost: $20 / person.
Children's Party: Rent a bouncy castle, three paddleboats, and the Base Lake Pavilion for one hour! Cost: $100.
Golf Instruction is now available at the Offutt Field House's 2 indoor driving ranges, for the low price of $15 per 30-minute lesson. Lessons can be scheduled during the day, at night, or on weekends. Contact the Field House at 294-5413 to sign up.
Happy Birthday to Patriot Club Members! - During your birthday month be sure to stop by the Patriot Club office to pick up your birthday present. You will receive a Birthday Gift Book worth over $450! Call 294-2268 for more information.