I have been reading many blogs and articles and the common thread seems to be the little luxury items people are going without. Some of the ways I have reduced my expenses are the following:
1. I only go to Target when I really need something - school supplies presriptions, etc. Target is a real problem for me.
2. I only get pedicures when I receive them as gifts - my family has been covering this for me (birthday, mothere's day, etc.).
3. Stay away from Starbucks - unless I have clients.
4. Drink less wine and more vodka and beer. Wine at even only $12/bottle is more than vodka and beer per drink.
5. Bottled water is only for travel and convenience. The refrigerator water is filtered and delicious drink it before you open that bottle.
6. I am a candle Junkie - I admit it. I must burn through my current inventory before I can even look at Illuminations or Yankee ( same company, did you know?).
7. Eat the food that is on sale. No more steaks, seafood and fish on a whim! Plan meals - this is not easy for me.
Let me know how you are cutting back in your business and at home. I am looking for new ways to reduce my spending.