Last week I wrote a Blog about a referral, and how I was still working to get the listings. Well, yesterday I finally got the paperwork back on 5 of the properties...and have one more to go. These are all recycled properties...been listed before, and didn't sell. Then I got a call for a house close to the lots....would I be interested in listing it....another recycled one. OK, let's finish my week...a FSBO from 2 years ago called me and asked if I would list their property. 6 land Listings and 2 possible houses all this week :) So, why did I take all these recycled listings?
When I first started in Real Estate I picked the Cabazon/White Water area and land lots in the Desert Communities by Palm Springs, CA. I did very well, and learned the area. At first I didn't have much competition, but later when things were selling well....everybody wanted to sell out here. Some Agents would say anything to get a listing....and I just shook my head at some of the antics that were going on. But lately most of these Agents have moved on to easier areas. Overpriced listings just won't sell, and even the homes/land that were priced right weren't selling.
So fast forward to these listings.....I got all but one of them directly and indirectly, from an old customer, who is also an Agent. When I called the Sellers I told them that I don't take just any listing anymore, and after I go to the properties I'd let them know what I thought. We negotiated a few things, and agreed that the prices were reasonable. We discussed the various scenarios of a buyer, and what types of offers they might expect in Today's Market. I like to have the Seller know as much as possible up front. I told them to think about it, and if they agreed to MY terms, then I would list their property. So today, I have 6 signed listings, 1 waiting for the contract back, and 1 maybe.
Then I got 2 different calls for houses....both of which had also been listed previously. Again, I told both Sellers the realities of that area, and what I felt we needed to do to even have a chance of getting them sold. We discussed the unsold inventory of Foreclosures, and how their homes would compare in value and price. One of these homes will be listed, the other one I am still debating.
Again why did I take these listings?
- I feel my Market is starting to change-I am getting calls again from buyers as well as sellers.
- I know the area and I know what land lots have been selling and which ones haven't
- The new construction is finished for the roundabouts, and there are plans for more growth in the area.
- Being an e-PRO I know how to use the Internet to effectively Market these properties
- My Blogging taught me how to do Real Estate Shows(Virtual Tours) and you have the ability to make unlimited Shows the way you want...with your choice of music, verbiage, etc.
- I like a challenge....and one of the houses is a challenge :)
That's why I took these recycled listings....I believe I can sell them :)
By: Kathy McGraw- CELLing Realty