Are you preparing to sell your home anytime soon? Even if you are not planning to move soon make sure you update your home for the best return on the money spent.
According to HGTV here are the average returns you can expect by doing these home updates:
- Minor bathroom remodel 102%
- Landscaping 100%
- Minor kitchen remodel 98.5%
- Exterior of the home 70%
- Updating the living room/family room 83%
For more information on home repairs make sure you check out my article: Does Your Home Have Pizzazz?
Minor Bathroom Remodel:
"It costs about $10,500 to replace the tub, tile surrounding, floor, toilet, sink, vanity and fixtures," according to HGTV. "You'll get back an average of $10,700 at resale, a recoup rate of 102%." The bathroom and kitchen are the two most important rooms when selling a home. Prepare to spend a large majority of your upgrade budget on these rooms. $10,500 is quite a large budget. Here are some tips for a cheaper fix:
• If the grout is dingy and needs to be replaced pick up some Caulk Be Gone to get rid of the old caulk and re-do it (Quick tip: As the grout is drying, fill up the tub with water to help the grout stretch)
• If it costs too much to replace the tub or if the tub is too large to remove from the room try re-glazing it to give it a new look
• To make more room in a 5 x 7 bathroom use 2 pedestal sinks with wooden shelves between rather than a vanity. It opens the room making it appear larger, says Mark Riley of Mark P. Riley Luxury Real Estate Group.
• To make more room in a 5 x 3 bathroom consider replacing the tub with a tile shower and glass doors to make it appear larger.
• Replace the toilet seat if a new toilet is out of your budget
• Get new accessories to modernize such as new cabinet knobs, towel rods, shower curtain rod, etc.
Contact Jason Tolley, Realtor, Backyard Realty Group LLC. Licensed Realtor in Georgia at 770-315-0789 to list your property for sale, to purchase a property or to manage your rental in Northwest Atlanta: Cobb, Cherokee, Paulding, Bartow, Fulton and Dekalb counties.
To view properties for sale visit Backyard Realty Homes for Sale. You can search for listings as well as view our listings. We know the Atlanta Area and will help you with your real estate needs.
Jason Tolley - Real Estate Agent, Property Manager, Community Manager
Copyright © 2008 By Jason Tolley, All Rights Reserved.