|THE Daytona Beach Real Estate & Community Event Blog. By Lisa C. Hill, "THE SMART CHOICE!"|
I wanted to write this post for our vacationers, our seasonal residents, and even our full-time residents who aren't aware of the cultural aspects of our area. Many people visit, or move to the Daytona Beach area with only the knowledge of our beaches and the fact that you can drive on them. To be honest, I was born right here in Daytona Beach, and wasn't aware of some of these activities and events. But that's because so much has been added in recent years. Here are some upcoming events. I've included things to do for people of all ages and preferences. Of course, these ideas are only a small portion of the many options you have to choose from. But it's a nice little sampling.
- Southeast Museum of Photography, Daytona State College, 1200 International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach. Film Screening by Eric Breitenbach. Aug 26, "When Pigs Fly". Aug 28, "My Father's Son". 12:00 p.m. FREE. For more info call 386-506-4475 or visit www.smponline.org
- Joan James Harris Theater, Atlantic Center for the Arts, 1414 Art Center Ave., New Smyrna Beach. InsideOUT - Visual artist Carsten Nicolai, Digital Media Artist John F. Simon, and Interactive Installation Artist Camille Utterback & Assoc., Aug. 22 at 7:00 p.m. Free to members, $10.00 for non-members. Reservations are requested. Call 386-427-6975.
- All Saints Lutheran Church, 751 Dunlawton Ave., Port Orange. Music for Healing. Aug. 20 - Trall Heitzenrater. Aug. 27 - Vita Fortin. 12:15 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. Free for all ages. For more info call 386-761-9129.
- Peninsula Women's Club, 415 South Peninsula Dr., Daytona Beach, Mondays at 11:00 a.m., Luncheon followed by Contract Bridge or Canasta. For more info call Pauline at 386-322-8548.
- American Red Cross and Daytona State College, Swim Lessons, 1200 W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach. Swim lessons for all ages by American Red Cross Water Safety Instructors. Pre-Register at 386-506-4386.
- Ponce Inlet Lighthouse Demonstrations, 4931 South Peninsula Drive, Ponce Inlet. For more information, call 386-761-1821.
- Marine Science Center, Ponce Inlet, Educational Programs and Recreational Activities, 100 Lighthouse Drive, Ponce Inlet, FL. For information, call (386) 304-5545.
- Former Home of John D. Rockefeller, The Casements in Ormond Beach, FL. Museum and Tours. 25 Riverside Drive, Ormond Beach. For more information call (386) 676-3216.
- Tomoka State Park, 2099 N Beach St, Ormond Beach, FL. Swimming, Camping, Hiking, Fishing and more. Call (386) 676-4050.
- Riverfront Veterans Memorial Park, Palmetto Ave., South Daytona. Playground, picnic areas, boat ramp, kayak ramps, public dock, fishing and more.
- Plan A Fun Outing in Port Orange, FL. Miscellaneous things to do in Port Orange, FL.
This list could go on forever, but this should be enough to keep you busy for at least the rest of the summer. If you're planning on buying real estate in any of the cities mentioned in the blog, and all the other surrounding cities, Lisa Hill is a native of the Daytona Beach area, with experience selling real estate all over east Volusia county. Make a Smart Choice today and contact Lisa Hill for all your real estate needs.