ALABAMA HISTORIC MARKER
PROVIDENCE BAPTIST CHURCH
Originally posted on: www.michellesellsalabama.com
Clayhatchee, Alabama home to an Alabama Historic Marker. The Providence Baptist Church organized on May 26, 1849. The first Pastor was Ruben E. Brown. First Deacons of the Church were: William P. Bryan, Jesse Pouncey and Jonas P. Bell. The original Charter Members were: William Green, David Kelly, Kader Powell, Elizabeth Powell, Ardilla Green, Winny Lacy, Bill Fowler and Nancy Fowler.
The members of Providence Baptist Chruch formed the following towns: Bellwood, Cool Springs, County Line, Daleville, Shady Grove, Midway, New Hope, Shiloh and Mount Moriah.
On the premises of Providence Baptist Church, is a family burial site. Based on the information found on Interment.net a Cemetery Transcription Library there is currently 28 burials recorded (it is not a complete list) and the earliest recorded date of a burial tombstone is in 1906 (Sconyers, Johie,b. July 27, 1898, d. Oct 10, 1906, Son of E.O & Vinessa? Sconyers). Out of the 28 names listed 26 are of the Scoyners family.
Clayhatchee Alabama is located 7 miles from Fort Rucker (Daleville Gate). Head south on AL 85 also known as Daleville Ave. Continue 7 miles and the AL 85 will end on W. Main Street / AL 12. Providence Baptist Church is located straight ahead.
Relocating to Clayhatchee / Daleville / FT Rucker area?
Request a free Relocation Packet which includes maps, calendars and general information.
Clayhatchee AL / Fort Rucker Alabama / Daleville AL
Dale County / Wiregrass
Relocation Specialist / Moving to FT Rucker
Historic Marker / Alabama Historic Sites
Providence Baptist Church / Scoyners
Michelle Tucker - Realty World SHAP