How to sell your Real Estate in Ottertail County or Fergus Falls
It is the one thing that almost everyone does at one point in their lives, sells their home. This can be a very confusing time, filled with many questions and few answers. It is hard to understand all of the questions you may have about selling your home. Fortunately, 998home.com can help.
998home.com can help you with all your questions about selling your home. Our agents have many years of experience in the real estate industry. We pride ourselves on quality customer service. Our customers come first and we make selling your home, the same way.
Let's begin the home selling process so that you can understand how easy and hassle-free 998home.com agents make it for our valued clients.
- Prepare Your Home to Sell
The first question you might want to ask yourself is, "why do I want to sell my home?" Do you need more space? Are you an empty nester looking for a smaller space? Have you accepted a job in a different part of the country? All of these questions affect the potential sale of your home and the negotiating process of that sale.
Contacting a 998home.com agent will point you in the right direction, too. Our agents have the knowledge and understanding of the industry. They can provide reliable information and get you moving in the right direction towards the sale of your home.
Also take note of the following items:
- Keep your home in good repair. Before putting your house on the market, walk through and note what needs repairing. Then fix as much as you can before putting it on the market.
- Clean it up. From de-cluttering to increasing the light in your home, your 99home.com agent can help you find ways to make your house look more attractive to potential buyers.
- List It
Before you list your home, it is important to do your homework on the real estate companies in the area.
- Search the Internet for local real estate companies.
- Contact two to three companies to see what type of services and marketing campaigns they offer. Ask what their yearly sales statistics are, and what they will do to get your home sold.
- Talk to people. 9 times out of 10, someone you know has sold their home and can point you in the right direction and provide a credible recommendation.
When choosing a real estate agent, do not be afraid to meet with many different agents. After all, they are competing for your business and this is what makes the real estate industry successful.
Feel free to ask them the following questions:
- How many years of experience do you have in this industry?
- What is your selling experience?
- What professional certifications do you hold?
- What services will you provide for me as my agent?
- How will you represent my property?
- Can you provide a market analysis for my property?
- How will you determine the price of my home?
- Explain the paperwork that I need to sign.
- What is the time frame for listing my property with you?
- Determining Property Value
Pricing your home is a delicate balancing act. If you overprice it, you risk deterring potential buyers, but if you under-price it, you risk selling for less than it is worth. To determine a fair asking price, have your 998home.com Agent determine your home's market value based on its size, location and amenities
- It is realistic to compare the homes in your area and the asking prices of those homes.
- The law of supply and demand always comes into play. Do you live in an area with increasing job opportunities or an increasing supply of homes?
- Owners needs greatly impact the selling price of a home. Do you need a quick sell or do you have time to sit on your sale?
- The selling price is not cut and dry. On many occasions, the seller will negotiate the price, split closing costs or offer different allowances to the buyer, to make the sale of the home complete.
A qualified 998home.com agent can provide a fair market analysis of the homes for sale in your area. A Market Analysis is free and without obligation. For more information on how to receive a free Market Analysis that will help you properly determine the value of your home, contact 998home.com at 218.998.home or 1.800.500.8158.
- Getting Your Home Out There - Market It!
There's a basic truth to successful home selling: If you market it, they will come. That's one of the advantages of listing your home with 998home.com. Your 998home.com agent will work with you to develop an in-depth marketing plan for your home. From real estate publications to the internet, your agent and the 998home.com team will help make sure your home gets the coverage it needs and the service you deserve.
There are a number of different ways that our agents can drive traffic to view your home:
- Yard Signs
- Real Estate websites
- Print Advertising
- Open Houses
- Feature Sheets & brochures
- Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- Selling Your Home
An acceptable offer depends on many different things:
- Is the proposed offer near the asking price?
- What is your time-frame - do you have another house payment? Insurance?
- Do you have enough time to wait for the agent to bring you more potential buyers?
- What if several offers are received at the same time?
When potential buyers are searching for a home, they can respond in three different ways to the seller(s):
- This home is not what we were looking for. We are not interested in the property.
- We are interested in the home and we will purchase the property on the buyer's terms per the real estate agreement.
- We are interested in the home, but here is our counter-offer for the property.
This negotiating process can at times seem very complicated. However, the right 998home.com agent will work to make this a hassle-free process.
During the negotiating process of the sale of a home, as the seller you can react in one of three different ways:
1. Accept the buyer's proposed offer
2. Decline the buyer's offer
3. Make a new counter-offer
- Closing the Deal
Once a purchase agreement has been accepted 998home.com works to ensure a smooth closing for your transaction. Our primary goal is to relieve agents of handling certain details so they may focus on you, their client. 998home.com will work with your lenders and title companies to close the transaction smoothly.
- Surviving the Move
Moving can be one of the most emotional times in your life. The thrill of something new & new career, a new neighborhood, a new home. While this may sound great to some people, for others, these changes can be an emotional rollercoaster.
There are many resources out there. You may want to consult your 998home.com agent for guidance or refer to our Moving Checklist for more information.
Feel free to use 998home.com’s moving truck T-Rex for free!