Answers to more questions regarding Florida flat fee MLS and for sale by owner services

Real Estate Agent with Sand Dollar Realty Group, Inc. BK627826

Will my property's listing appear any different in the MLS and the internet than a listing by a full service Realtor? Your property listing will appear on the internet and the MLS just the same as any other listing. The only difference is that the MLS will contain a note in the Realtor Remarks section that this is a "limited service listing" and that other Realtors need to contact you in order to show the property & negotiate an offer. Besides that, there is no difference with your listing and any other.

Will other real estate agents sell my house or will they avoid my house because it's an MLS-only listing? A smart Realtor shows their customers every home that is available for sale that meets their buyer's criteria. Each property is a little different, so by avoiding your home their buyer might end up buying nothing & then the Realtor loses out on getting paid any commission. And buyers are espcecially picky during a buyer's market, like it is now. There is always the chance that some real estate agent may blackball a listing and not show it because it is a limited service listing, a lower commission amount offered to the buyer's agent, or any number of other reasons. Typically Realtors who bring up those sort of scare tactics are just doing so becuase they are not sure of how else to justify charging you hundreds or thousands of extra dollars for their own similar services. The United States Department of Justice has already stated that these sort of anti-competitive practices like blackballing violate federal antitrust laws. Realtors who violate these laws could be subject to substantial civil and criminal penalties. In the future, flat fee MLS listings like so many internet-type services will more than likely be the rule rather than the exception.

Can you help me with proper pricing and marketing of my house? Is there any other marketing I should be doing? 90%+ of what is going to sell your house is a "For Sale" sign and directional arrow signs, a listing in the local MLS, and a listing on the heavily trafficked internet websites. The other 10% or so may bring you a lead in if you are lucky enough. And we encourage you to market the property in any way that you can think of. We will be happy to give you a free pricing analysis and a free marketing consultation at the time you list your property with our firm.

An interesting fact that many consumers are not aware of is that the reason why most real estate agents advertise using newspaper & magazine ads, radio & TV ads, open houses, postcards & letters, newsletters, & more is generally not to sell your particular home. Certainly that would be a great thing if it did sell. The reason they do this is to bring them more listings, customers, and business. If they get  buyer leads, they can use the MLS to sell that buyer any house that the buyer likes (and not just yours). No matter what they sell, they still earn a commission on it.

If you are interested in our flat fee MLS or our full listing service, just contact us anytime or visit our website .


(Copyright © 2008. Sand Dollar Realty Group, Inc. All rights reserved.)

Rob Arnold - Your full service and investor friendly Realtor in Orlando and Central Florida.

ABR, CPL, CRB, GRI, Managing real estate broker, Licensed mortgage broker, Notary Public

407-389-7318 / 1-877-389-7318

Learn to invest in Central Florida real estate and Orlando real estate. Investor mentoring and counseling available. We sell properties, list properties, and we buy houses cash throughout the Central Florida & metro Orlando area.  

I also provide flat fee MLS listings, For Sale By Owner, and menu-based services in most parts of Central & South Florida, the Space Coast, and the Treasure Coast including Orlando, Winter Park, Maitland, Ocoee, Winter Garden, Apopka, Altamonte Springs, Casselberry, Longwood, Winter Springs, Oviedo, Lake Mary, Sanford, Deltona, Debary, Deland, Mount Dora, Eustis, Clermont, Kissimmee, Winter Haven, Lakeland, Tampa, Sarasota, Bradenton, Miami-Dade, Fort Lauderdale, West Palm Beach, Port Saint Lucie, Melbourne, Daytona Beach, Ocala, Gainesville, Volusia, Brevard, and more.


This entry hasn't been re-blogged:

Re-Blogged By Re-Blogged At
orlando flat fee mls
apopka flat fee mls
orlando for sale by owner
altamonte springs flat fee mls
sanford flat fee mls

Post a Comment
Spam prevention
Spam prevention
Post a Comment
Spam prevention

What's the reason you're reporting this blog entry?

Are you sure you want to report this blog entry as spam?


Rob Arnold

Metro Orlando Full Service - Investor Friendly & F
Ask me a question
Spam prevention

Additional Information