Some key points when considering who to hire for a termite inspection in Florida:
1. Hire an independent inspector, one who does not sell termite treatments.
2. He/she must be an employee of a Certified Pest Control Operator (CPCO) licensed in Florida
3. The inspector must show you their state issued I.D. card during the inspection
4. A proper inspection should take close to one hour and will cost about $225. A really cheap inspection yields poor results, and usually it is cheap because the inspector earns a commission by trying to sell you a $1200.00 treatment plan! You cannot trust that, and it is a conflict of your interests.
5. The inspection must include the issuance of a state prescribe report of findings. It is illegal not to issue one.
6. The inspector is required by law to post an inspection sticker in the home.