For those of you who live in Southern Ohio...you have 39 days to get your taste buds ready and your walking shoes warmed up!
For those of you who've never been to The Pumpkin Show, but have thought about it...keep reading to find out why you should make the trip and why you'll continue to make the trip every year thereafter!
The Pumpkin Show is one of Ohio's oldest and largest festivals. It is held each year in Circleville Ohio during the 3rd week of October. The dates for the 2008 Circleville Pumpkin Show are: Wednesday, October 15th through Saturday, October 18th.
Here are some Circleville Pumpkin Show facts taken from the official Pumpkin Show website:
- Offers 25-30 Amusement Rides and over 300 Food Booths, Games, and Vendor Exhibits.
- Atrracts over 400,000 visitors during the 4-day event to the small community of 12,000 people.
- More than 40 floats and 50 bands participate in the 7 Pumpkin Show parades, each with a different theme.
- More than 250 volunteers who serve on over 20 committees contribute their time and effort in order to make the Pumpkin Show a success.
- Approximately 23,000 pumpkin pies and 100,000 pumpkin donuts are sold during the 4-day event.
- There are 100,000 pounds of pumpkins, squash and gourds on the street display, located in the center of downtown Circleville.
- Lindsay's Bakery makes the World's Largest Pumpkin Pie each year and is on display in their window.
The food alone has become a tradition for many visitors to make a yearly trip to the Pumpkin Show. Aside from the traditional fair food:
- Pizza, Fried Vegetables, French Fries, Fried Cheese, Steak Sandwiches, Hobo Chicken Sandwiches, Hamburgers, Corn Dogs, Hot Dogs, Reubens, Gyro's, Soups, Sandwiches, Ice Cream and Sweets for all of us with a sweet-tooth.
But it also has our traditional fair food that you'll find only at the Pumpkin Show:
- Pumpkin Waffles, Pumpkin Pizza, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Buckeyes, Pumpkin Cream Puffs, Pumpkin Fudge & Taffy, Pumpkin Bread, Pumpkin Cookies, Pumpkin Brownies, Pumpkin Blossoms, Pumpkin Cheesecake, Pumpkin Burgers, Pumpkin Elephant Ears, Pumpkin Ice Cream, Pumpkin Cake, Pumpkin Pancakes, Pumpkin Seeds, and Pumpkin Chili...just to name a few!
Come and join us for the Parades, the Bands, the Events For Kids, Amusement Rides and Exhibits of all types.
Downtown Circleville is located 25-30 minutes south of Columbus Ohio, off of State Route 23.
I hope to see you there!