As a staging professional, I am often asked by sellers "Where do I start?" My advice is to start by making a good first impression. Many times prospective buyers will decide whether they want to see the inside of your home just from the pictures on the internet or the "curb appeal" as they drive by. Without curb appeal, you may never get the chance to make a second impression.
- Clean and tidy the view from the street for the drive-by buyer.
- Spruce up your front door... Some ideas are a fresh coat of paint, a new lock or door handle and a fresh new welcome mat.
- Trim back large shrubs and trees so that people can actually see your home's features from the street.
- Make sure the exterior paint color is neutral and blends into the neighborhood and/or environment.
- Paint or replace the garage door.
- Add a punch of color with seasonal flowers, a potted plant or a wreath.
As an ASP (Accredited Staging Professional) I would be happy to consult with you when you're ready to sell your home.